Blasts from the past

Crazyfool01

looking back ... what do you miss from Glastonbury's past ? heres a few of mine 

1) campsite fires 

2) 3 for £5 lager and flares 

3) club dada 

4) Cocktails and Dreams tent 

5) having the energy to move around in my younger days 

6) Coldplay haven't seen them for at least 10 months !!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

5) having the energy to move around in my younger days 

Definitely this!

Also...

Camping in the field between The Glade and Jazz World stage whatever it was called. 

Jazz World stage being called Jazz World stage.

Headliners starting/finishing later.

Thing I don't miss - going with next to no money. Being able to spoil myself on food and drink these days is great. 

The Garlic Kitchen, The Lamb Man, and there being more wine bars (with soundsystems going all night)

Being able to buy a ticket within a few days of them going on sale, over the phone, for less than £150...

I definitely DON'T miss the portaloos. Composters are a lavatorial revelation.

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

being able to buy your supplies without having to leave your camp.  are there any independent traders any more?

Last time I was there, 2015 I think, we were fortunate to have a trader doing the rounds near our camp and he was offering very very fair prices on fungi. God bless him.

I miss 2l Brothers bottles. That shit was dangerous. 
I miss the place that used to do BBQ'd sausages and these spicy roast potatoes. Haven't seen it in a few years. 

Can't think of much else. 

On the subject of sausages, there used to be a great sausage stall on the run down from Pyramid to John Peel - great big meaty garlicky things, with crispy fried shallots on top.  Haven't seen them for a good few years now but they were THE BOMB.

56 minutes ago, Chipbarm said:

The G stage

2 litre bottles of Brothers

Radio 1 pyramid stage

Energy 24 pumping out trance/happy hardcore at all hours

the minuscule of sound.

Is there nothing at all after 6am these days? I've spent quite a few nights walking around the site in hope of something, so I suppose it'd be good to know for certain.

The Banyan Tree, which used to be where fluffy rock cafe is now. Seem to remember they were doing some constant jam thing in 2003 from opening day to the end of the festival, with anyone being welcome to take part in- there was some amazing stuff .

Where do they do all night jamming these days? Seem to remember somewhere in circus fields a few years ago, in a small cafe type tent or something  but I haven't been able to pinpoint where when sober, though am sure it existed. 

All night sound-systems in the markets.

The dancing puppet stall.

The Miniscule of Sound.

Camping where the tipis now are.

Door-to-door salesmen.

Wandering down to the local record store to buy a ticket.

I do, for some reason miss the Q Daily free paper thing- I know it was quite shit and just became photos toward the end, but I did used to like reading it while eating my breakfast. The current paper is a bit brief and available fewer days.