Blasts from the past

Crazyfool01

The big Leftfield Tent before WG (old Queens head) pushed it out. Had two stages inside, the smaller one with music into the early ish hours if I recall correctly. But I only started going 2007 so not sure how long it was there for.

Edited by whisty

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Sofa said:

Reading through this thread makes me a feel a bit sad .It looks like that some of the stuff that is being missed is what made the heart of the festival for some of you and its all gone .I know you will still have a good one but things like sitting round a fire ,relaxing at the stone circle ,market stall soundsystems,old venues etc and a general hippy feel to stuff being absent is not a good thing .Does it not question if you might call it a day ? Just curious .

Nah! Things change, that's life.

Looking back, it's very easy to get all misty eyed about the good-old-days and it not being as good as it used to be. However, it's because it has evolved that it is still going now. If it was still like it was (for me) in the 90s then I would no longer be going.

20 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

love all the little fires in this video from 2000....good vibe!

Wow - bloody loved just watching that. Was hoping to see a 17 years younger image of myself - that must have been so so close to where we were for the PSB. Love all the fires, plenty of room to walk down the hill, no chairs! 

Great days/daze.

Still the biggest and best, but I'd love to go back to my first few years again.  

3 hours ago, whisty said:

The big Leftfield Tent before WG (old Queens head) pushed it out. Had two stages inside, the smaller one with music into the early ish hours if I recall correctly. But I only started going 2007 so not sure how long it was there for.

Loved the old Left Field tent

6 hours ago, Yokel Again said:

Wow - bloody loved just watching that. Was hoping to see a 17 years younger image of myself - that must have been so so close to where we were for the PSB. Love all the fires, plenty of room to walk down the hill, no chairs! 

Great days/daze.

Still the biggest and best, but I'd love to go back to my first few years again.  

yeh, i think it illustrates just how much masses of chairs in the fields takes up more space! 

Camping chairs weren't really a big thing until 2003/04 from recollection....the first 5 or 6 reading festivals i did everyone sat on the floor aroundt the campfire or on a bit of wood at best!