Stormzy

Razza_bezza

1 hour ago, sisco said:

I know Neil mentioned about the Hip Hop day but I'd be amazed if he isn't on the pyramid. 4th/5th down I'd reckon

I was always stretching in saying hip hop 'day'. It was meant to signify a number of acts playing as a bit of a theme.

But thinking about it now, it's probably the case that the info has come thru people who aren't particularly familiar with the genre (including me), and what it really was was references to BBK.

And so it's probably the case that me putting Stormzy for Other on the same day is bad assumption by me. 

Edited by eFestivals

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I was always stretching in saying hip hop 'day'. It was meant to signify a number of acts playing as a bit of a theme.

But thinking about it now, it's probably the case that the info has come thru people who aren't particularly familiar with the genre (including me), and what it really was was references to BBK.

And so it's probably the case that me putting Stormzy for Other on the same day is bad assumption by me. 

Ahh ok.  Thanks for clarifying.

Im saying Stormzy in the hippidy hoppity slot on the Friday then.

btw..... Luck and Neat say Sunday on their Facebook at the pussy parlour, not Saturday like listed. 

This is exactly what I love Glastonbury for (and to be fair, festivals in general to a large extent). As a 53 year old white woman I would feel a complete pillock at a Stmzy gig in the outside world, but here's my chance to really enjoy the live experience of an up and coming act and get right into it without feeling ridiculous. Can't wait!

Really hope the crowd is better at Glastonbury than it was at Lovebox last year for Stormzy. People getting into fights due to people accidentally standing on people's shoes because it was so busy. One of the few times I felt unsafe at a concert tbh (the other being Arctic Monkeys at Reading).

Edited by aidenlangan95

10 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I'm really looking forward to this. I want to see what all the fuss is about. Hopefully it's late in the day so I can get nicely oiled up first. 

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Watched a couple of vids on YouTube and he seems a lovely young bloke.  Sure I'll be ok to hang with the grime kids for a bit! 

4 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Really hope the crowd is better at Glastonbury than it was at Lovebox last year for Stormzy. People getting into fights due to people accidentally standing on people's shoes because it was so busy. One of the few times I felt unsafe at a concert tbh (the other being Arctic Monkeys at Reading).

Perhaps they were way too big for their boots? 

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

there's still Dizzee Rascal and Wiley who would be fairly big and would probably be well up the Other Stage if they play there.