Beer, beer and more beer

MartinK

So this year I'm going solo on the coach and therefore no trolley full of beer/cider/wine

At the minute I'll have a 65 or 85 litre ruck sack, a 2-man tent and a smallish day bag as that's all I can take onto the coach 

How the hell do I take a couple of crates with me as well.  I'm thinking another ruck sack to carry on my front but reckon I could only get 20 odd cans in there.

Any other ideas? 

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Imagine a drone delivery service to your tent, would be amazing!

We used the pre-order service at Bestival last year and it was great. With a few upgrades (more choice, easier access at certain times) it would be incredible.

As discussed previously on these forums. Its unlikely a festival of Glastonbury's size could cope with the logistics though

17 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I got 2 boxes of thatchers on the coach last year in a big ikea bag with my sleeping bag and other stuff on top. That with my rucksack and a smaller backpack to take on with me with my spirits in.

As long as you're not taking the piss with a big trolley full you'll be fine

Think that's the way to do it, if it looks like a normal bag of camping gear and not just a bag of beer then people (coach drivers) are more likely to let you get it onboard. Think I'll use this method to get my beer on. 

Ditch the pillow, ditch the extra blankets, ditch the torch, ditch the spare shoes, ditch the extra undies, ditch the jeans, ditch the food (if you can afford to buy food on site) ditch EVERYTHING that might compromise your alcohol carrying capacity.

Aside from the obvious - which should be neatly stored up your jacksie - alcohol is by far and away the most precious import. Do whatever it takes to squeeze in an extra can/bottle of spirits.