• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, The Placid Casual said:

Come Together.

Something.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer.

3 of the best songs by each of the 3 main Beatles.

WTF? I don't want to sound like a dick, but Maxwell's Silver Hammer? By nobody's standards could that ever be called a Beatles classic. I'd rate it amongst the very worst of what that band did, alongside OblaDi Oblada, Revolution 9 and Octopus's Garden.

6 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Thinking back, I always considered them to be joined, until I got the CD.

Edited by henry bear

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Can you include 15 years, seeing as it wasn't originally on the album, and only added later as it did well as a single? (I think, anyway)

Probably my favourite Roger Taylor track alongside Drowse and I'm in love with my car. 

And then the segue into flick of the wrist is great

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

I'm in love with my car is one of my favourite queen songs full stop!

And spread your wings. John deacons finest hour

I was discussing I'm In Love With My Car with a mate in work the other day. We came to the conclusion it is a great song but with some of the worst lyrics known to mankind.

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Can you include 15 years, seeing as it wasn't originally on the album, and only added later as it did well as a single? (I think, anyway)

If you're being an absolute purist then possibly not, but I think it still stands even if you go One Way > The Game > The Boatman.

50 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I really don't know what your problem is. 

So much so in fact that I'm going to add

Death on 2 legs (dedicated to......)

Lazing on a Sunday afternoon

I'm in Love with My car

To the thread title. 

the piano/guitar intro to death on 2 legs is sublime. 

The first 30 seconds or so of Death on 2 Legs - the fade in piano and then that riff, is probably my favourite opening of any album. Shame the rest of the song sn't quite as good! Great album though.

Edited by henry bear

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I think it's a highlight of the album, that track. 

One section of the album that has always amazed me is the finale of 'Good Company'. Getting this section to sound like a trad-jazz band apparently nearly sent Brian May over the edge, where he seems to be teetering now.

3 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Probably the three weakest songs on the album for me. Side two is much much better.

Walk of life can get ta fuck! It's like twisting by the pool. Knopfler at his absolute worst! :P

Probably three of the biggest hits they ever had though. There all good tunes tbf, WOL is cheesy as hell but a bit cheese isnt too bad every now and again. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

TheBeeGeesSaturdayNightFeveralbumcover.j

I know people will disagree with me but this is the single most horrifically terrible album Ive ever listened to.

I refused to listen to Bee Gees for years after that monstrosity till someone told me their earlier music was nothing like that. 

Truly awful. 

3 hours ago, dirtymookie said:

Exact same memories of The Real Thing. So much love for that album. Do you mean Mike Patton tripped you up?? How did this occur???

Yes. Was at the Garage in Glasgow and as I went to bar after support and passed couple of guys leaning on railing at front of stage I had a tumble after tripping over stray foot.

Turned round to a "Hey,sorry man" from Mr Patton himself.