The big hello :) (and your fave veggie food!)

slipmatt

Hello lovely people

Hope you are well - been a while since I posted - as mostly because we didn't make tickets in the general sale - made it in re-sale though! :)

Been going 15 years in huge groups, then this year it's just my wife and I and we can't wait - especially as the next Glasto will be when we take our little one (2019).

Anyone watched the comedy Simon Anstell: Carnage?

It turned us veggie overnight! So this year, we'll be missing the hog roasts and burgers. I love greenfield grub anyways, but thought i'd check if anyone had any fave veggie hangouts?

Much love to the e-fests fam x

Edited by slipmatt

No Bones Jones has been going for ages and are probably my favourite veggie stall there. Very delicious assortment, and much better than Leon's (which I think is pretty over rated!)

I used to very much like Senor Moon, who used to do very delicious spicy wedges with very delicious veggie Burgers, but alas were dropped by the festival for no reason- used to be by Westholts, and now literally nothing is in their place- very odd!

You're spoilt for choice really- the difficulty becomes whether you should stick to what you know and love or whether to try something new!

Not particularly on topoc but a few years ago at a different fest I queued for a Falafel (having never had one before) and asked for a Lamb Falafel. For some reason I thought it was done sort of a Kebab style dish. The servers expression is etched into my memory.

10 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

Not particularly on topoc but a few years ago at a different fest I queued for a Falafel (having never had one before) and asked for a Lamb Falafel. For some reason I thought it was done sort of a Kebab style dish. The servers expression is etched into my memory.

That has made my morning :)

Reminds me a drunk friend who once ordered an Alad kebab from the van outside our university because it was cheap, only to be told it was a salad kebab but the "s" had fallen off the menu.

But on topic, No Bones Jones and Gandhi's Flip Flop are top notch, as is the goodness falafel stand

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

That has made my morning :)

Reminds me a drunk friend who once ordered an Alad kebab from the van outside our university because it was cheap, only to be told it was a salad kebab but the "s" had fallen off the menu.

But on topic, No Bones Jones and Gandhi's Flip Flop are top notch, as is the goodness falafel stand

Alad Kebab :rofl:

Not sure I've eaten at No Bones or Ghandi's Flip Flop - must make sure I get to them this year.  I wasn't too fussed by the halloumi wraps by the pyramid, and Leon's was pretty good.  I like finding random things around greenfields but don't pay enough attention to what / where I've ordered

I'm not fully veggie, but tend to eat a lot of veggie foods at festivals (a lot of friends age veggie or vegan) - always find you get a tastier dish in general.

Keep the recommendations coming, I'll keep an eye out for some of these places.

Manic organic breakfasts are magnificent, my only criticism is they keep me full up for ages and I like eating with gluttonous obscenity at Glastonbury so filling food costs me at least 1-2 mini meals. 

21st century problems :P