2 hours ago, kaytee... said:

Apparently no one I'm going with shares the same level of excitement about The Map :mda:

Had near enough the exact same reaction in my group. What is wrong with people? ITS THE MAP OF THE GOOD PLACE

Doubt I'll ever make it out to Cinemageddon but then again who knows where my random wanderings will take me!?!

Glad to see The Temple bigger. There was plenty of space around it last year from what I remember.

We camped in paines last year right next to where the entrance to cineramageddon will be. 

7 weeks and 6 days to go!

Really sorry to be a pain, I went to the Temple last year for Sub Focus, it was rammed, one in one out, but can't find it on the map. I thought it was towards the South East?

31 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Really sorry to be a pain, I went to the Temple last year for Sub Focus, it was rammed, one in one out, but can't find it on the map. I thought it was towards the South East?

It's the bigger round blob in The Common, Bisque - bigger than last year's map as they've increased the capacity to, reportedly, 3000!

Ben

10 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's the bigger round blob in The Common, Bisque - bigger than last year's map as they've increased the capacity to, reportedly, 3000!

Ben

Gotcha, didn't realise it was that far down. Gunna be a party

The new map means i can start making my food stall and bar map using all the wonderful suggestions made by you lot in other threads... Today is going to be very un-productive for my work, very productive for Glastonbury prepping!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Digi said:

It always has been. We camp there every year although up until last year we always thought it was the top of Paines until they switched the names around on the map

Perhaps there is a bit extra public camping the other side of the path but the area right up to the fence has been public since 2010 

By the look of it they have gone back to the old layout up there with camping either side of the track. We camped up their a couple of times before they changed it

7 hours ago, themuel said:

Wow cineramageddon is right next to where I usually camp!!

same here I will be going back to South Park again this year.

excitement is ramping

9 hours ago, kalifire said:

Dairy Ground now shared between staff/guest camping. No huge changes though, really.

Cant work out how you work that out - sure the crew area is smaller but if you look at car park 35 { which is a crew car park } they have marked out a section for a new crew site.{ which was not there last year }

why would you think that part of Dairy Ground is for Guests ?

So just sent it to my glasto17 WhatsApp group.

'Guys, maps dropped, I say we camp our usual spot in Paines ground, new drive in cinema is just left of it now!'

Responses 'dude, it's 8am and glasto is 2 months away, chill out'.

Never.

Edited by Wilfko
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, themuel said:

Wow cineramageddon is right next to where I usually camp!!

Where are the cars? Sorry I'm on my phone and can't zoom in to see that area. What is it near to?

There was talk of a new area between Silver Hayes and the Other Stage but there doesn't seem to be any changes on the map. Do we think its been pulled as there hasn't been any further mention of it??

2 hours ago, Familiar2billions said:

The new map means i can start making my food stall and bar map using all the wonderful suggestions made by you lot in other threads... Today is going to be very un-productive for my work, very productive for Glastonbury prepping!

If you could make that available on here that would be appreciated. Food tour of glastonbury is on the to-do list this year.

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Cant work out how you work that out - sure the crew area is smaller but if you look at car park 35 { which is a crew car park } they have marked out a section for a new crew site.{ which was not there last year }

why would you think that part of Dairy Ground is for Guests ?

A larger portion of Dairy is the darker shade of green this year, which would indicate public camping.

33 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

There was talk of a new area between Silver Hayes and the Other Stage but there doesn't seem to be any changes on the map. Do we think its been pulled as there hasn't been any further mention of it??

From past year's experience, I'd say it's just not made it onto the map yet.  It will probably be there in a future update.

I was expecting Cineramaggedon to be much closer to Arcadia rather than plonked in the middle of the camping fields. Not sure many people will trek all the way up there to watch a film about Glastonbury while actual Glastonbury is happening around them.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

I assumed the new area was the carmageddon thing - is there another new area?  It's sort of between SilverHayes & Park, without actually being near to either of them...