Laura Marling

Vth_Fish

Just now, Vth_Fish said:

Sorry if this has been discussed before but has there been any info on Laura Marlings placing? I am loving her new album but worried she is going to be a headline act (Park stage material?) and hence megaclash.

Cheers

Well she's playing the Sunday and Kano is apparently headlining the Park so reckon mid/high Other is the best bet for her.

• 2 months later...

I loved her too!  Saw her supporting Neil Young in Leeds and thought she was great, then saw her at Greenman last year and she just seemed a bit lack lustre.  Glad I gave her another live listen - was close to not doing so.

9 minutes ago, mandolin said:

I loved her too!  Saw her supporting Neil Young in Leeds and thought she was great, then saw her at Greenman last year and she just seemed a bit lack lustre.  Glad I gave her another live listen - was close to not doing so.

Saw the same sets last year and thought the same thing. Only had time to breeze past for a couple of songs on the Pyramid, but it seemed like she was on pretty top form. The crowd just seemed miniscule though.

I'd never heard of her but couldn't be arsed to move at this point.  I wasn't sure what to make of her, good , bad or indifferent as it's so not my thing 

I'm not sure I'd be tempted to investigate further TBH I found it a little somber and wanted something a bit more high energy... but looks like a few were enjoying it 

I thought she nailed it. I've seen her play many times, and wondered how this placement would go, but I thought her set list was great, really well judged, and it was the perfect time slot for her. I'm used to her never talking much, but the little she said was also well judged, and not awkward. But I'm a huge fan and could listen to her for hours.

10 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

What did we think team?

I thought she blew 2011 out of the water. Smaller but more attentive crowd this year it seemed. A little disappointed she didn't draw a bit more from OIWAE and Short Movie but that's nit picking.

Loved it.

I'd not seen her before and I thought it was great, if a little cold and remote in the way it's delivered (Laura's not a chatty type, is she?).

I thought the crowd that was there warmed to her quite strongly as the set went on.