This time in 8 weeks I will be...

BlackHole2006

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

No doubt 10/11 hours in to forgoing the initial Plan A of 'taking it easy on the Wednesday' and instead going full force ahead with Plan B's 'get as fucked as possible as fast as possible'

Basically. It's tradition. I didn't sleep from Tuesday 06.00 till Thursday 15.00 one year (seriously fucked in the hours within), and when I tried to sleep I was convinced there were maggots in my throat.

Was fun...will probably avoid that level this time.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a nice early night in my tent with a mug of horlicks....

Jokes. Will actually be somewhere up near the stone circle with a bag of cider. Have I remembered this wrong, but are there sometimes campfires up there???

I do intend to pace it a little better than last year though. Most of my friends were stuck in traffic so I decided to "wait" for them by drinking a lot of JD. Such an error. Mercifully though for some reason that stuff doesn't seem to give you a hangover 

1 hour ago, Digi said:

This time in 8 weeks I will have just woken up in my sauna of a tent because it's just too fucking hot to sleep any longer 

:D

I have a plan to combat that, just bought a tent which is white on the outside and black on the inside, the makers claim it's significantly cooler and darker than any other tent in the morning.

I'll be waking up with alcohol sweating from my body due to the tent already being 40 degrees . Dry mouth , struggling to find the bottle of water as somehow the tent is already a mess. Bingo! Found it , glug down a few gulps before promptly spitting it out realising it was in fact the rum bottle. Moan to myself about making labels. Then stumble out for an open air beer shit hovering over a long drop with strangers either side. All done with a smile from ear to ear because it'll be the first morning of Glastonbury 

12 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

It's in the Common, it's exact location escapes me, I'm always spangled when I go there - usually play some fairly cheesy hip hop stuff when I've been there in the past - like a night in provincial nightclub c.2005 

I stumbled there in 2015 to them slamming drum & bass down for 2 hours.. was quite the experience

27 minutes ago, mario man said:

London? Trying to work out how the hell I'm going to get to the 02 by 5:45am without spending £100 on a taxi!

no, sunny Swindon... I am staying there the night before as I live at least a couple of hours drive away.

have you looked at airbnb..? reckon you could half the cost compared with the taxi.

27 minutes ago, Kay95 said:

no, sunny Swindon... I am staying there the night before as I live at least a couple of hours drive away.

have you looked at airbnb..? reckon you could half the cost compared with the taxi.

I hadn't considered that - thanks - I'll look into it