Campervan towing a trailer tent

Jason447

Hi,

You are allowed to tow a trailer tent into the camper fields with a towing vehicle. Does anybody know if I would be allowed to use a camper van to tow a trailer tent, or would they kick up a fuss and say I needed two campervan tickets?

Thanks,

J.

Someone will answer this more clearly but I believe it is done on pitch size. Theoretically you could be ok if you fit in the pitch.

I drive in with a trailer tent on my car, they asked if I had an awning which I did and is quite large. They asked how it attached and whether is be uncoupling. They directed me to a double pitch really because of the length and I only had a normal campervan pass. 

This was late on the Wednesday and in the very back caravan/camper field

In 2010/11 I took my old VW camper towing a Rapido folding caravan. Having enquired before hand, the Glastonbury office stated that as long as it fits in the designated pitch (which I believe is 8x7m) its all good. I had no awnings so  was comfortably within size.