Gooner4900

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Years ago it was still possible to have a shower at the corner of the kids field if you got up early enough.  I gave up on that once the queueing got too time-consuming.  But when this was still an option, one morning I stumbled up there in foggy conditions and passed Chrissie Hynde and her daughter.  They were busy talking to each other so I did not bother them.

Ah yes, only remembering now....  I got chatting to Mundy whilst watching Glen Hansard (with the Swell Season) at the Acoustic, 2008.  He came along to Ethiopiques at the JazzWorld stage afterwards and we had a beer.

(Mundy is an Irish singer/songwriter, best known for his cover of Steve Earle's 'Galway girl', which he recorded with Sharon Shannon).

Have also bumped into Beans On Toast more than once.  He tends to be everywhere.

Edited by Watergirl

Walked smack into Don Letts in 2015. I think my carefully crafted and thoughtful greeting was "Fuck me, it's Don Letts. What a pleasure sir". He smiled and shook the hand of the obviously spangled buffoon who'd nearly upended him.

Also bumped into Tim and Athene from 3DM wandering the circus field with their littl'un on the Sunday morning. They were lovely. I on the other hand was a shambling husk of a human being.

3 hours ago, PretentiousThinkpiece said:

Had a piss next to the keyboard player from Tame Impala last year. Look up, recognized him, complimented him on his set he said thanks and walked out. Also saw Lars that year; stories about him being a dick seem unfounded from that quick chat (someone I know that does stuff backstage said he was the only big name musician to come out and say hi/thank the people working there for their work too...) Had a limited conversation with the singer from Songhoy Blues in 2015, just asking him about the situation in Mali and how I really liked their cover of Kashmir. Nice guy, wish him and his band the best. Walked past BBC presenters more times than I can count.

I chatted to Lars a few years ago for a couple of minutes. He was stood next to me by the sound desk at a U2 show at Madison Square Garden in 2005 and was with a woman with the longest legs I have ever seen. Seemed like a really nice bloke 

4 hours ago, Fladog said:

Also saw Lars Ulrich down the rabbit hole whilst Sasha was on in 2014 

I also saw Lars there. Hanging with Bradley Cooper and Michael Fassbender. Didn't feel up to butting into their conversation. 

I did meet Yak last year at Jagwar Ma's Crows Nest set. Then met/chatted to Jagwar Ma for a bit before New Order.

Also chatting to Ed O'Brien at one of Thom Yorke's DJ set. I was a lot less starstruck than my Radiohead loving mate but he seemed quite friendly. 

I stood next to Wayne Rooney and his crew and didn't notice for a good 15 minutes. This was in 2013. I vaguely thought 'that man looks like Wayne Rooney', but it was only when people started coming up to him and shaking his hand that I realised it was actually him. Because, like, who cares.

Was much more excited to see Tilda Swinton last year