• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, PretentiousThinkpiece said:

Had a piss next to the keyboard player from Tame Impala last year. Look up, recognized him, complimented him on his set he said thanks and walked out.

No problem with talking to someone in the loos, but I'd never draw attention to his tackle, let along pass an opinion on it...:P

Mr Eavis in the real ale bar up by Acoustic, that was nice, took the time to chat and have pics taken.

Last year, Jody Wisternoff at the Blues stage, he'd done the Way Out West set the day before with Nick Warren (obvs).  Really nice guy, happy to chat etc.

Otherwise I'm usually very unaware of any acts/anyone famous, but weirdly I can always recognise mates easily in a crowd and remember faces of whoever I've met in person at a later date no problem.  It's like I zone out celebs but remember average joe no problem.

Edited by geoffboycott

In 1999 I was in Theatre and Circus backstage and someone (agent or manager unsure as I was only 14) was speaking to the lady next to me asking if it was ok for the All Saints to come in and the lady said yes as long as they don't sing then a few minutes later they walked past 

Stood next to Chris Moyles and John Bishop watching Kaiser Chiefs open the Other Stage. Gave them a nod and left them alone as they were with family. Was stood next to Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan, when Andy played played played for Liverpool. He had a headscarf, dark glasses and a hat on to hide his 'celebrity'. Seen Zoe Ball, Al Murray and the Hairy Bikers a few times there as well.

Also saw someone who was on the current series of The Apprentice. I remember drunkenly shouting 'You're fired' at him.

Craig Charles before his Friday afternoon takeover of Shangri Hell last year, hanging at the back of the arena. Barely anyone around, just him with a cigarette and a woman, wearing sunglasses and an expression saying he'd been out last night. Just shook his hand and thanked him for all the entertainment over the years, got a smile and a nod back.

At Al Doyle's DJ set on Thursday last year, most of the rest of Hot Chip turned up, possibly my favourite night at Glastonbury.

21 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

This is him in 1976. 

I lost faith in humanity when I found out 

Well, it was always known that he worked as a musician with various artists, many pretty well known, throughout his life. So yeah, the hobo stories all seem weird. Maybe just an exaggeration. 

This is the only person I've met at Glastonbury by the way. But when he was signing his CDs at West Holts in 2013. So not sure it counts.

Edited by Calvin Klein

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Oh and I said hello to Bez whilst in his Acid House during the day a few years back - I should imagine that he spends a fair amount of the weekend there mind. He was exactly as I expected him to be which was pleasing. 

I have yet to find Bez's Acid House. My friend reckons it doesn't exist

1 hour ago, jackarmy said:

Suggs, Craig Charles, and Keith Allen. But it's probably harder to avoid those 3 round the South East corner than it is to bump into them.

I guess the problem with the SE corner is you're so wrecked by the time you're down there it's barely possible to recognise your own friends, let alone random celebrities. I'd bloody love to meet Craig Charles though.

The closest I've got is Lily Allen stumbling about in some ridiculous shoes during the day...only realised it was her because some other were all like "HI LILY!". She took it pretty well.

Goldie kissed my friend on the cheek one year. She was absolutely thrilled. 

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Yep. What I meant was that even before this story broke, it was known he  had been working in the music industry for many years. So it's not that big of a surprise. I wasn't aware of that disco song though.

In 1997 I met the drummer from Ash. He was an arsehole.

Last year I saw Jarvis on his way to the Stonebridge Bar for his set. He looked in a rush, so I quickly proffered a "Hello Jarvis" and he replied "Hi, hope you're having a great time!". Nice bloke.

I stopped and bothered Ed O'Brien by the Tipi Field last year when a bit more "refreshed". He confirmed that Radiohead weren't playing NYC Downlow at 3am that night and thanked me for stating that I loved everything they had ever done "especially Kid A and In Rainbows". I came away slightly in love with a man who was so corteous and well-spoken in dealing with a drunken spanner.

11 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Never been in, but I don't think so. think he does one set (stands there while someone else djs) a day at most from what I've heard. 

That's awesome. Just googled it...have definitely seen that stage  and think I might have gone in some time last year, but was all very hazy by that point and hadn't put two and two together. My mate is obsessed with Bez for some reason....we'll definitely have to find when he's standing about on stage!

In 2011(?) I met (through work, I hasten to add) a rather tired U2 off their aircraft when they flew in from the USA the day before their Glastonbury appearance. Had a tour of the plane too. They shortly after got on a helicopter Somerset bound (or wherever their no doubt plush hotel was).

8 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

I stopped and bothered Ed O'Brien by the Tipi Field last year when a bit more "refreshed". He confirmed that Radiohead weren't playing NYC Downlow at 3am that night and thanked me for stating that I loved everything they had ever done "especially Kid A and In Rainbows". I came away slightly in love with a man who was so corteous and well-spoken in dealing with a drunken spanner.

:lol: 

Due to my inability to recognise faces out of context, I rely on my eagle-eyed mate to point people out to me.  (Eagle-eyes has been scanning for Ed O'Brien for years but is yet to find him). Best spot is Thom Yorke (and Nigel and Stanley) in 2010.  I nearly crapped myself but I held it together and didn't break their cover.