I have never...

neil_d

What "typical" Glastonbury thing have you never managed to do at the festival? Are you planning to do it in 2017? Any good stories of failed attempts?

For me: In 5 festivals to date, I've never seen an act at the Park stage. Have wandered through the area a few times but not even when there's music on the stage. Making it there this year will depend on what's on, I guess!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glastonbury number 6 for me and there are loads of things I have never done.

1. Not done a sunrise. Weather/energy levels permitting will attempt this year.

2. Got into any of the Block 9 venues Downlow/London Underground. Will definitely attempt this year

3. Made anything in the craft field or had a massage in the healing fields. May try that this year.

4. had a shower......this year........nah......

There are many more but the top three are ones I intend to do something about.

Never:

Seen the sun rise

Gone up the Ribbon Tower

Eaten a growler

Visited the cabaret/comedy area

Taken my time (that's about bimbling and chancing upon new stuff, not about Philippa's van) 

Just now, The Placid Casual said:

The growler looks like it could cure hangovers in seconds.

Hell, you could probably achieve world peace with a few of those badboys.

Cure a hangover in seconds but cause a wealth of other health related problems simultaneously, although you can always get a heart transplant later in life for the latter,

Just now, Tommy101 said:

Got into the temple at the common. Looks good in there.

I tend not to make too many plans, I know I wont do them all so it helps me regret less.

Yep this is a big one for me this year - always too spangled to want to wait in the queue but I'm determined this year. Hopefully there'll be somebody great playing to pull me in.

2 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

The growler looks like it could cure hangovers in seconds.

Hell, you could probably achieve world peace with a few of those badboys.

Didn't someone say the Growler van isn't there this year? An absolute disaster if so, would always have one per festival (more than one in a five day period would probably kill you). Used to have one around Friday lunchtime and wouldn't need to eat again for the rest of the day.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep this is a big one for me this year - always too spangled to want to wait in the queue but I'm determined this year. Hopefully there'll be somebody great playing to pull me in.

Sunday evening is your friend, it's the best place on site to end the festival 

Seriously though in 13 festivals I have never .... seen a band inside the jp .... did try for fatboy last year but didn't get near ... this year I will be front row for my friends band ... never been up the ribbon tower ... not really seen the point of queuing . Never seen the stone dragon , been to strummerville , seen the piano bar gonna try and knock them off the list this year . wow the list just goes on ... thats the incredible thing about Glastonbury 

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

Sunday evening is your friend, it's the best place on site to end the festival 

Yeah that's what I'm hopefully aiming for. Was the plan last year but as is always the case I ended up just wandering off in to the abyss and never stayed in one area for more than 15 minutes. Was gutted to hear how amazing that Sunday night in there ended up being.

the lack of a sunday headliner i'm that fussed about as things stand seems to point toward a night in the temple, my first. 

come up nice and gently at a cinematic orchestra Park headline set (though it seems Kano has that slot now?) and tear off towards the SEC as soon as :)