I have never...

neil_d

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

A fish curry at a festival sounds like a recipe for disaster to me

The veggie dish they do at that stall - might be a spiced lentil curry, I forget the specifics - is actually a bit better than the fish one. Hugely recommended

Only been 15 and 16, so 17 will be my third...

Never seen an act at WH

Never been close to being underneath Arcadia

Never really done the SE corner properly or any of its venues (couldn't get near it last year and only went on the Sunday the year before) Also wouldn't mind doing it in the day.

Neve seen a headliner that wasn't on the Pyramid or other.

loads of other shit I haven't done but those are probably the only ones I want to rectify this year.

Apart from have an early morning bloody mary, which I say I'll do every year yet still fail, I don't think there's anything I want to do that I haven't. Plenty I haven't done but have no desire to, including make a fecking spoon, but that's because I'm a miserable old git.

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Apart from have an early morning bloody mary, which I say I'll do every year yet still fail, I don't think there's anything I want to do that I haven't. Plenty I haven't done but have no desire to, including make a fecking spoon, but that's because I'm a miserable old git.

I start every morning - after usually being awake first in camp, washing, dressing and brushing my teeth - sat in a camping chair next to re-stoked/started fire with a black coffee and a large Bloody Mary, minus tomato juice. Blissful. 

43 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

That's something we did every morning last year and I'd highly recommend it, we got one from either the place with the dancers in a cage above near the circus fields, or the one near the park at the bottom of the hill.

5 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

That's something we did every morning last year and I'd highly recommend it, we got one from either the place with the dancers in a cage above near the circus fields, or the one near the park at the bottom of the hill.

The one at the bottom of the hill in The Park stops selling them quite early, so that has been the result if my failure at least twice. Ladt year I was there in time but it was cold and miserable, my vision is drinking one while sitting in the sun, taking in the view, not sipping one while ankle deep in mud watching an angsty American teenager.

This year, all will be well.

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

The cocktail place. Not into bloody marys but do stop by daily for one of their turtle doves. 

glastonbury+theatre+cocktails.jpg

Where's that one? Never seem to have noticed cocktail bars!

As an aside, when I went to Download with my brother last year our Saturday breakfast was bellinis. Amazing.

Just now, Quark said:

Where's that one? Never seem to have noticed cocktail bars!

As an aside, when I went to Download with my brother last year our Saturday breakfast was bellinis. Amazing.

Beside the printing press by Bella's bridge. Although I'm open to correction on that. I'm not great with directions. I'll just show you at Glastonbury. :D

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Beside the printing press by Bella's bridge. Although I'm open to correction on that. I'm not great with directions. I'll just show you at Glastonbury. :D

Bottom of the hill by the entrance to T&C.

Though that may be the same place :D

@Quark as the others have said on that cocktail bar, but I remember it by the route I take from the Acoustic tent area, past Williamsgreen towards T&C, that's the entrance you'll need.

I've never been to it, but will now stop for an early one.