Lions first test

Person 2

10 hours ago, TobySinclair_ said:

Williams Green Bar has a big screen usually showing sport such as Football and Wimbledon. I think they had the last Lions Test on.

I doubt they will this time though as KO is 8:35am UK Time. The KO for the Australia tour were slightly later at 10am UK Time.

That seems like a shame as im sure there would be plenty of people wanting to watch it.

Not looking like it will.  I am 90% sure I heard at the last meeting between Pilton Parish and the festival that it won't be shown due to breaching the sound regulations.  

Looking like they are being very careful this year after all the issues in 2016.

Will find out for sure next week and report back.  

15 hours ago, Mr Splodge said:

Not looking like it will.  I am 90% sure I heard at the last meeting between Pilton Parish and the festival that it won't be shown due to breaching the sound regulations.  

Looking like they are being very careful this year after all the issues in 2016.

Will find out for sure next week and report back.  

It was shown on Pyramid early doors in 2005 - that's the only stage I can imagine where noise levels would be an issue.  Show it on a smaller screen anywhere else on site and I can't see how it would be a noise issue - add to the fact that most other late stages would have closed by 8am.  I assume noise is more an issue pre 8am than post 8am locally too?

Glad it's being talked about :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just don't think there is a demand for it and it won't be on.

Can't remember it being shown anywhere in 2013.. Thinks due to start times and it being on sky

There is by the cider bus a food stall for tor rugby club and remeber they had a decent crowd sitting around listenig to it on radio.

Edited by brendan84

8 hours ago, brendan84 said:

Just don't think there is a demand for it and it won't be on.

Can't remember it being shown anywhere in 2013.. Thinks due to start times and it being on sky

There is by the cider bus a food stall for tor rugby club and remeber they had a decent crowd sitting around listenig to it on radio.

On a different thread recently - someone pointed towards Glade Cafe's (I think it was) twitter feed - they were asking what interest there would be in them showing it.  I think the response was generally positive, not to say that they will, or would be able to, but it seems like they're thinking about it.