The guilty pleasures thread

Lucy92

So I caught myself listening to the new zayn Malik song from a Spotify random playlist shuffle and was appauled at myself that I actually liked it without realising... 

so I thought I'd create the guilty pleasures thread to get them all out in the open.

Confess away! 

Edited by Lucy92

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have far too many, but if it's limited to this year's Glasto acts, then Jive Talkin' by that Barry Gibb & his bro's, as well as everything by his new Chic chums, have to feature pretty highly!

Who's going to admit to something by Busted....?

Edited by billum

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

I remember really enjoying Mika back at V a good few years back - enough to seek him out the next year (or possibly two years later) - me and my niece still bond over this.

The feeling with mika supporting was the first ever gig I went to. A definite guilty pleasure! 

1 minute ago, Lucy92 said:

Get a few beers down me and I dance like no ones watching to this. That and gyptian - hold yuh. 

I have good taste in music normally. I promise ;)

Haha it's a good tune though. I have good taste too , for the most part.

8 minutes ago, billum said:

I have far too many, but if it's limited to this year's Glasto acts, then Jive Talkin' by that Barry Gibb & his bro's, as well as everything by his new Chic chums, have to feature pretty highly!

Who's going to admit to something by Busted....?

I really have a soft spot for busted

I shall be at Avalon watching Busted and I am not ashamed :D

Only slightly marred by the fact it was the first gig I ever took my son to when he was about 8. They were the first band he properly loved. Gutted he won't be there to watch them with me as he is 21 now and a teacher so can't get the time off 

29 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Not music. But I'm absolutely fascinated by Big Brother and the celebrity series. So much so that I've ended up watching the past UK seasons on youtube, including the Australian and US versions of it. 

There I said it.

Wow! That's definitely a guilt-ridden one alright!

Doesn't Shaggy kind of count as a guilty pleasure? Before my nu-metal phase (lots of which most definitely count as guilty pleasures. I'd still unashamedly listen to the full "Issues" album and relish every second of it) I was well into the Spice Girls when they were first about. And if they happened to play at Glastonbury, I'm really not sure I could keep myself away. I'd probably pretend to my mates I was going to see some hectic dark techno which none of them would be interested in accompany me to just to cover my tracks... 

12 minutes ago, daisylane said:

I do confess I think Since You've Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson is such a good tune, though this is not Glasto related.

Er, it's objectively a banger. 

I should leave this thread. I'll just declare bangers left right and centre.

Though in anticipation of someone saying Ed Sheeran - yes, you should feel bad about that. 

Olly murs, bloomin' loved heart skips a beat (and may have gone to see him twice...with the kids of course :rolleyes:). Was also a take that fan back in the day, not since reformed though but did see the circus tour which was a fab show.

Born in the 70's growing up in the 80's - was always gonna have shit taste in music and probably still do to many on here, but it makes me happy! ;)