The guilty pleasures thread

Lucy92

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

you are dead to me. 

The Australian version is the best of the three. The American version is weird because the housemates do the evicting and only one person nominates so you basically end up with a bunch of money hungry sociopaths stabbing each other in the back. Makes for great viewing though.

Just thought I'd give you that information cause you are obviously a massive fan. 

14 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Tbf rather spangled I did go in the wrong tent last year, but quickly realised it wasn't mine. Thankfully no-one home.

I've done that. But it took me about 10 minutes to realise. I don't know if they were the owners, but there were some people nearbyish giving me funny looks.

It wasn't even a standard tent with a sleeping bag in - they were using it as a storage tent. I was that fucked.

3 hours ago, Diva Sam said:

Ru Paul's Drag Race. Love it. 

Can I get an Amen up in here?!

Amen!

I used to hide away while watching it at work, now on a Saturday morning I'll openly watch it on a break. I've given up caring if people know I like it. Not to shit on this thread at all but if it brings you pleasure, don't feel guilty about it!

It is nice to see people admit to having love for some less 'cool' things though ;)

What constitutes a guilty pleasure? Why is admitting to liking Girls Aloud, Lilly Allen or the Spice Girls a source of guilt when, for example liking Robyn or Lordes isn't? Why is a Neptunes track with JT on a problem compared to one with Kelis?

4 hours ago, slash's hat said:

Tbf rather spangled I did go in the wrong tent last year, but quickly realised it wasn't mine. Thankfully no-one home.

Couple of years ago I had an argument with someone because I got into what I thought was my tent (was identical on the outside and nearby) and freaked out when they were in there. Properly shouted at them to get out and and then it dawned on me none of my stuff was there and quickly retreated. Never been more embarrassed! 

24 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Couple of years ago I had an argument with someone because I got into what I thought was my tent (was identical on the outside and nearby) and freaked out when they were in there. Properly shouted at them to get out and and then it dawned on me none of my stuff was there and quickly retreated. Never been more embarrassed! 

I remembered mine was at the end of the row, however some Johnny come lately somehow managed to pitch beside me. The one I got in was I swear identical to mine and was on the end.

4 hours ago, Badlands said:

What constitutes a guilty pleasure? Why is admitting to liking Girls Aloud, Lilly Allen or the Spice Girls a source of guilt when, for example liking Robyn or Lordes isn't? Why is a Neptunes track with JT on a problem compared to one with Kelis?

You make a valid point. Why be guilty about something that entertains you. Unless, of course, that thing is watching the Australian Big Brother. Jesus fucking H Christ.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

You make a valid point. Why be guilty about something that entertains you. Unless, of course, that thing is watching the Australian Big Brother. Jesus fucking H Christ.

Yeah, that's atrocious. I think that fella should hand his Glastonbury ticket it. He hasn't made the cut.