SILVER HAYES

Slugworth

Just now, Trout Mask Replica said:

Not an area of the festival I normally get to but may make the exception for Jai

And of course the fabulous My Baby who I've seen several times and are definitely a great act to get your booty moving.

Yes these are both unmissable in my view, but also both potentially on elsewhere as well - I think My Baby played three times or more last time they visited! Well chuffed that they're back

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers all for the recommendations - I shall be checking them out more but like the sound of Jain and Parcels on first listen.

One of my mates who is very much into this sort of stuff (far more than me) has just responded to me sending him the poster with 'Decent line up' - that's high praise coming from him, not easily pleased!

50 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

My mates band Blue Lab Beats is on the line up. Really happy for them. Check their EP here: 

Just added this to my Spotify and really enjoying it! Thanks for posting. I'll definitely be checking them out if there are no clashes.

The one thing guaranteed with the Silver Hayes line up drop is that it always kick starts everyones annual journeys of pre festival musical discovery as no one ever knows every name on that particular poster. I've already discovered some gems in the past few hours. The festival suddenly feels a lot closer!!!

Edited by Familiar2billions

For anyone who likes a bit of upbeat tech house but is yet to hear Leon Vynehall, May i recommend starting on these two tracks of his. I saw him in The Stonebridge bar last year and the roof went off when he dropped House of Dupree... it was a really good party atmosphere throughout his set.

1 hour ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

Not an area of the festival I normally get to but may make the exception for Jain

And of course the fabulous My Baby who I've seen several times and are definitely a great act to get your booty moving. 

Dawn Penn may also be worth a look. I'm hoping these acts may play elsewhere over the course of the festival though to reduce the likelihood of clashes. All of them are West Holts worthy IMHO. My Baby played about a half dozen shows over the course of the 2015 festival including the Bandstand,  Hell Stage and the T&C crew bar. 

Ooo... I hadn't spotted My Baby. I like them.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I definitely have, cos i've just found some photos I took of her behind decks ... tho as it was at Homelands in 2000 - 17 years ago - and I was spangled, I've got no memory of it at all. :lol:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/homelands/2000/england/galleries.shtml?b=19

Awesome, we got any idea of a day or time or am I now asking something that has already been done ?

1 hour ago, Glastocat said:

Sorry mate, but unfortunately he's going to have miss this years festival. He injured his little finger while packing his vinyl.;)

Waaahaaaay. 

Football Bantz 

9 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Bloody hell, i always thought they were some sort of grime act. Liking this.

Kraak & Smaak are class. And I like their name. 

10 minutes ago, ian_sw said:

In relation to Mike Skinner what type of music would he be playing??

Can vary alot, last time I seen him was jungle, garage and the odd streets songs, if it's skinner presents Tonga then it tends to be anything from any genre but alot more stuff to dance to