SILVER HAYES

Slugworth

17 minutes ago, jennilily said:

his mixing is pretty good! Sets have been good every time I've seen him

He followed Duke Dumont back in 2014 at reading and really enjoyed it. So hopefully he's just as good and at a time when he's not clashing with others.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bananarama will be welcome anywhere, and it may have been too late to fit them on one of the larger stages.

Been trying to get a ticket for bristol or Cardiff but no luck, hoping they reserved some for presale and will have some more on general tomorrow.

Shaggy will be rammed, love it if he's Friday headliner though. Have never caught a fat boy slim set so clashes permitting will do that just to say I have - even if I leave after 10 minutes because I'm too old! Dawn Penn and mike skinner only others I've heard of.

9 minutes ago, swede said:

A friend has recommended Strong Asain Mothers to me, if I don't see them at Glasto I'll def be seeing them at Latitude

Saw them at Bestival last year, they were a lot of fun. Really good energy and really got the crowd going. They sang their own songs but also played some forgotten classics. Would highly recommend

Edited by mjsell

8 minutes ago, swede said:

A friend has recommended Strong Asain Mothers to me, if I don't see them at Glasto I'll def be seeing them at Latitude

I've seen them live before and they're pretty fun. They do a great cover of En Vogue's Don't Let Go. 

I am absolutely loving The Age of LUNA at the moment so all over them appearing. 

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Hoping Shaggy is Saturday sonic headliner

I would quite like to see Shaggy. Was hoping he would be in the WH Saturday run.

Saying that it is noty going to be a run now as I am going to give the avalanches a miss. Had a proper listen to them and the novelty wears off, very quickly. Shaggy at the same time as The Avalanches would be perfect.

3 minutes ago, jonzpellz said:

Sorry if I have missed something in the previous pages but a couple of people have mentioned that SH could take some of the crowds away from the south east corner. Having not been to SH last year does it open late enough to draw the late night crowds?

Not really....though it's got a silent disco.

21 minutes ago, Franky said:

Sister Bliss on her own ? I am interested ! Has anyone seen this before ? Ta

I definitely have, cos i've just found some photos I took of her behind decks ... tho as it was at Homelands in 2000 - 17 years ago - and I was spangled, I've got no memory of it at all. :lol:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/homelands/2000/england/galleries.shtml?b=19

I was half expecting to see The Bloody Beetroots on the Silver Hayes line up. I've seen their live show twice and it is hectic. Only other place I can see them doing is The Hell Stage. Though with them playing London on the Friday night and Paris on Saturday nightthat only leaves Sunday and I'm not sure that they would fly back and forth like that. A day set on the Friday is an option I suppose, but that's a bit lame.

@eFestivals Did the SR on the line-up page come from the fact they are playing London on June 23rd or was there more to it than that?

Trying out Matzka at the moment - they seem to be a Taiwanese reggae outfit.

p13-110107-m1r.jpg

They're really poppy and lightweight, but it's very pleasant sunny afternoon sort of stuff.  Its actually quite nice.

Edit: Actually this track has gone a bit Eddie Van Halen on Beat It.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

1 hour ago, DJ Cull said:

I was hoping to see some more stuff at Silver Hayes this year (mud permitting) but there's not a huge amount that grabs me. Art's House Party will be good, and I might take the chance to see Fatboy Slim again - haven't seen him since he was in a boxing ring vs Arman van Helden back in Brixton.

I was at the Stoke gig for that. I won tickets on Radio 1.... what was it 18 years ago??? Christ.

59 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

I've seen them live before and they're pretty fun. They do a great cover of En Vogue's Don't Let Go. 

I am absolutely loving The Age of LUNA at the moment so all over them appearing. 

I've heard it, really like it

47 minutes ago, jonzpellz said:

Sorry if I have missed something in the previous pages but a couple of people have mentioned that SH could take some of the crowds away from the south east corner. Having not been to SH last year does it open late enough to draw the late night crowds?

Wow!, Pussy Parlure and The Blues go on til 3am.