Early bird 2018 tickets available now

ramragon

On 2017-5-12 at 2:22 PM, MandogMillionaire said:

Got on this - thought it was a great idea, and first time at Kendal Calling for me!

Is Emperors Field worth it? How much were tickets for EF last year? 

Think they're about £60 (happy to be corrected). For me definitely worth as my joints are knackered and the closer walk to car and arena is a blessing. I would say though that the benefits of EF have been eroded in the last few years due to the main camping improvements, the over selling (& lack of tentspace moderation!!!) of EF and the removal of certain EF benefits (free mobile charging and no longer being able to buy a double espresso). They tried to fix last year by creating an EF family camping zone but didn't direct families with young kids to that area so you still have the group's cordoning off large areas which results in other campers being crammed in. I do miss my morning double espresso!

Emperors this year were £37.50 then a £3.75 bf on top, and I agree with bottonrob that the closeness to arena and the car make it worth the extra, for us anyway, but yeah you are crammed in these days.  It's also crap if you arrive later as you might not be camped near to your car at all if they park you at the top of the field and you have to walk the furthest distance away possible to the only place with camping space.  You get loads of people walking around in circles for ages trying to find a spot rather than go further down the field so just be aware of that.  There are free showers too, but loads complained last year that some weren't working and the queues were bad on a morning, but if you go during the day it's not as busy.

2 hours ago, jamj said:

There are free showers too, but loads complained last year that some weren't working and the queues were bad on a morning, but if you go during the day it's not as busy.

Two years ago you could walk straight into a shower around 7/7:30am

I never used them last year, but got a full run down from the most annoying lass in the tent next to us with a very loud voice, her experience and every one of the people she camped with, temperature, how many were working, state of the floor, how many were in the queue on arrival and how many were in the queue when they left the area, I could have drowned her myself come monday morning haha!

4 minutes ago, Pooly JP said:

Decided you aren't going at all or just not booking early? Any particular reason?

Probably not going at all, but not saying definitely no in case I change my mind nearer the time

Think its getting too pricey, over £200 to get forked out before an act has been announced. Don't get me wrong I like this years headliners and while there has been the odd one over they years I've not liked overall im happy with the quality of acts at the festival 

I just think there are better value ones out there at the moment and you generally get the line up before you have to part with your cash

1 hour ago, thurlow84 said:

Probably not going at all, but not saying definitely no in case I change my mind nearer the time

Think its getting too pricey, over £200 to get forked out before an act has been announced. Don't get me wrong I like this years headliners and while there has been the odd one over they years I've not liked overall im happy with the quality of acts at the festival 

I just think there are better value ones out there at the moment and you generally get the line up before you have to part with your cash

Yeah I didn't sign up for 2018 either. Not bringing the kids again this year which keeps the costs down and would maybe dump emperors in future to save a bit. Have never really agreed with charging extra to come in on Thursday. In fairness the Thursday line up is decent. 

When you add it all up and include the fees it's pretty expensive but could easily end up heading down as always have a brilliant time.

Going to their festival in Dumfries in September for 95 quid. Will see how that goes. 

• 2 weeks later...