Alternative Glastonbury Tips

congyiszizu

28 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

This looks worryingly like the ShePees (can't remember exactly where they're located..think its a WaterAid thing). I got the worst stage fright trying to use one of those. But maybe in the privacy of my own tent it might be a different story!

The business end of the Whizz is rubbery and kind of cups your undercarriage to create a bit of a seal.  I bought it a few years back due to a recommendation on here.  I also suffer a bit from stage fright at the women's urinals but being able to pee no matter how horrific the longdrop is great.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pack bulky stuff, bedding, clothes etc in some of those vacuum bags from Poundland.....they'll shrink it to half the size making it easier to carry or fit on your trolley/sack truck, and will keep stuff dry if it sheets down while you're in the queue.

Repack it the way out by simply squashing the air out as best you can and sealing.

50 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Well if you found the dragon you were in the same field.. It took me years to find the dragon too lol.. I kept thinking I'd found it when I saw the big wooden one... Where has that gone btw I heard that it had gone to a theme park somewhere.. 

Thank you. I will look in that field!

I will ask my lot if they remember a wooden one!!

3 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

The business end of the Whizz is rubbery and kind of cups your undercarriage to create a bit of a seal.  I bought it a few years back due to a recommendation on here.  I also suffer a bit from stage fright at the women's urinals but being able to pee no matter how horrific the longdrop is great.

But what if you get a surprise poo?! This is the main reason I haven't got a sheewee! 

1) Keep a pristine copy of last years guide to confuse people, if they annoy you let them keep it

2) Be somewhere else when the headliners are on, it'll be better

3) Don't be afraid to make up the bands you saw from the line up if you can't remember when you have to go back to work

4) Remember even though its festival, look after yourself and those around you, no one is invincible. 

Just now, APPLES77 said:

3) Don't be afraid to make up the bands you saw from the line up if you can't remember when you have to go back to work

"Oh yeah, that Texas, they just killed the Acoustic Tent, what an amazing band - so humble with it too, I hear!"^_^

On 24/04/2017 at 11:40 PM, lucyginger said:

We need to make welly boot necklaces! 

In 2010 on the saturday I found an old walking boot somewhere down by John Peel and for some unknown reason I tied it round my neck and wore it for the entire night. I asked pretty much every single person I saw whether they had lost a boot? 

I never did find the owner.:(

14 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Lots of people have said to wear sunscreen. Remember to wear sunscreen even when it's not sunny. I speak from bitter, painful experience that in June you can get burned even when you think it's cloudy.

I speak from even more painful experience that you should apply suncream if it doesn't seem that hot because it's windy.

No word of a lie, I had weeping sores on my head and ended up having to wear two hats.

I must be the only person who doesn't mind going for a piss mid-morning out the tent. It's nice to see who's up and what's going on. It's a good time to fill up bottles or use the sinks for whatever reason without queues.

Though I do usually go to bed after sunrise so mid-morning is relative. Probably wouldn't like it if it was dark.

1 minute ago, alien said:

A waterproof ziplock bag under your tent is as safe as it gets for valuables, aside from keeping everything on your person.

What I think you mean is to use the lock ups. If you're too drunk to use the lock ups, you're too drunk to stash stuff under the tent.

I once woke up to find I had apparently used the lock up before bed. I couldn't remember which one, but fortunately for everyone involved it was the closest one. That could have been a long morning.

4 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Well if you found the dragon you were in the same field.. It took me years to find the dragon too lol.. I kept thinking I'd found it when I saw the big wooden one... Where has that gone btw I heard that it had gone to a theme park somewhere.. 

It went to Manor Wildlife Park in Wales Guy after 2010 I think. I think it's on their Park map. I was gutted when they moved it, for some reason I loved that thing. If it ever came up for sale I'd like to buy it for my garden!:)

16 minutes ago, alien said:

A waterproof ziplock bag under your tent is as safe as it gets for valuables, aside from keeping everything on your person.

And keeping everything on your person gets less safe the drunker you get. I managed to lose my purse at the Stone Circle one year with £150 in it. At least I made someones Glastonbury.... :lol: They did actually send the purse back to me, as it had my ticket in with my address on. Needless to say, without the money.

Now I lie subscribing to the idea that if your tent already looks like its been ransacked, no ones gonna be bothered to steal from it. 

Has anyone ever had many incidents of theft? I know when i went to Reading many moons ago a few people near us got robbed....our friend had his bag stolen while he was asleep in the tent, and another girl we were with woke up as someone was trying to get in but luckily they got scared away. I always thought Glasto was different because you need a ticket to get into the campsite, and I think at Reading then you didn't 

Edited by Sasperella

4 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

It went to Manor Wildlife Park in Wales Guy after 2010 I think. I think it's on their Park map. I was gutted when they moved it, for some reason I loved that thing. If it ever came up for sale I'd like to buy it for my garden!:)

There it is just left of bottom centre!:)

IMG_1193.GIF