Alternative Glastonbury Tips

congyiszizu

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dave_c said:

If you want an even cleaner toilet experience when at the car collecting supplies Over the weekend go to the portaloos at the far ends of the car parks. They are palatial as nobody is using them.

I found this last year when I found myself in a 'can't actually walk another step without crapping myself' situation while collecting my supplies. Toilet was lovely and clean, unfortunately I had no toilet paper, so had to wipe my arse on the envelope they'd stored my car keys in at the lock-up as that was all I had on me. Not pleasant at all.

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Talk to at least one random person per day 

This. At my first I got talking to a group of local guys who had been to every year's festival between them. They had sweatshirts printed up like a stag do but they were lovely 

If you can hack the trek, toilets up by Strummerville are the Ritz of Glastonbury bogs. Strummerville is a good place to go anyway. Toilets by the Woods last year were also a peaceful place to do anything other than a wee, but people didn't really know about it so it may change this year. 

Put cans under your tent, there will almost definitely be a bonus one waiting when you go to pack up.

Stop wasting can space with so many clothes.

Appropriation aside, you look like a tit if you are in a headdress/Topshop garland/showing off your gigantic biceps and abs.

If you're a print nerd find the press it's brilliant.

Some call the ribbon tower overrated, I think it's bloody brilliant. The hill's ace and all but do take the time to queue for the ribbon tower, ideally on the Wednesday or Thursday. The views from up there are stunning and it feels great to be above everybody and everything.

When I queued up for it in 2014, we could hear the Railing Staines nearby and everyone in the queue was having a singalong.

Probably a bit obvious for regulars but the ones I tell new friends:

• Unpack your bag and make the tent messy so idiots looking to steal can't be bothered to go through everything (vs just taking your half still packed backpack to somewhere else to rummage)
  • On entry, have the wristband put on the wrist you don't wipe your arse with.
  • Take a bowl and water container - refreshing hairwash in the morning wakes you up nicely.

I'm going to be looking out for one of you wearing that welly necklace :lol:

13 hours ago, morethanaphelan said:

If you can hack the trek, toilets up by Strummerville are the Ritz of Glastonbury bogs. Strummerville is a good place to go anyway. Toilets by the Woods last year were also a peaceful place to do anything other than a wee, but people didn't really know about it so it may change this year. 

Put cans under your tent, there will almost definitely be a bonus one waiting when you go to pack up.

Stop wasting can space with so many clothes.

Appropriation aside, you look like a tit if you are in a headdress/Topshop garland/showing off your gigantic biceps and abs.

If you're a print nerd find the press it's brilliant.

This!! It's brilliant! The soothing sound of a lovely old Heidelberg.... ahhhh it's sooo nice! 

7 minutes ago, micropizza said:

Probably a bit obvious for regulars but the ones I tell new friends:

• Unpack your bag and make the tent messy so idiots looking to steal can't be bothered to go through everything (vs just taking your half still packed backpack to somewhere else to rummage)
  • On entry, have the wristband put on the wrist you don't wipe your arse with.
  • Take a bowl and water container - refreshing hairwash in the morning wakes you up nicely.

I'm going to be looking out for one of you wearing that welly necklace :lol:

Or a few of us! :)

Lenor bottle;

Camping water carrier to avoid the need to queue for hours whilst people wash their hair/boots/clothes etc under the taps first thing in the morning;

Toilets near the Wood last year and in previous years have been good for a morning "think" with a copy of the Free Press; and

Tiny Tea Tent for tea and cake is ideal for a chill and a recharge of the batteries.