Alternative Glastonbury Tips

congyiszizu

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I brought a couple of collapsible 1L water bottles. They were great...Id fill one with water and one with drink. Even if I bought a drink while i was out I'd pour it in there and it could clip onto my shorts or bag without worrying about spilling. When I was done I could just roll it up and throw it in the bag. 

I never understand this premixing booze with coke or whatever. Surely its warm and flat when you drink it. I just carry spirits and either buy a mixer from a bar (worth it for ice) or nab a cold can from a stall then mix. Means you can carry more booze and also have lovely cold drinks. :)

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

It's amazing how little you need to carry around.

Bog roll, sunscreen, wet wipes, tissues, sanitiser, soap, water all available at multiple points throughout the site. For free, optional donation of course. 

Combat shorts with pockets containing wallet, old nokia phone and wine/booze is all you really need. 

No need to go all journey to the south pole on it. 

I'm the prepper type, like to have things I need incase of emergencies. I'm the guy you'll be trying to find should you ever need duct tape and cable ties :D

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

I never understand this premixing booze with coke or whatever. Surely its warm and flat when you drink it. I just carry spirits and either buy a mixer from a bar (worth it for ice) or nab a cold can from a stall then mix. Means you can carry more booze and also have lovely cold drinks. :)

Firstly I definitely want a lid - and neither of your options covers this, and secondly, I just mix it ridiculously strong so that it lasts me hours just a sip at a time - I don't drink it all at once (hence the lid). I often don't even take the hip flask - just a coke bottle which is about 2/3 rum! 

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

What you prepping for? A kidnap and ransom?

I'm one of those annoying people who carry around a flag, useful for finding lost people, always needing to make little repairs mid festival plus in case of tent accidents when people fall on them you can always use a bit of duct tape

On 4/26/2017 at 11:07 AM, rebus said:

Double up your headtorch as a tent lamp by wrapping it around a (plastic) bottle filled with water.  Milk bottles work best as semitranslucent.  Works really well.  Shining the torch into the water creates a nice ambient light.

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Outdoor-Light/

On 4/26/2017 at 4:03 PM, squirrelarmy said:

Does this also work with the previously mentioned Lenor bottles?

40 watt instead of 100 watt bulb!