Alternative Glastonbury Tips

congyiszizu

7 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

It went to Manor Wildlife Park in Wales Guy after 2010 I think. I think it's on their Park map. I was gutted when they moved it, for some reason I loved that thing. If it ever came up for sale I'd like to buy it for my garden!:)

So...has the dragon gone?? That was on my list of things to find on Thursday this year!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

So...has the dragon gone?? That was on my list of things to find on Thursday this year!

That one was a wooden dragon. (actually a small stage). I'm not sure why they got rid of it to be honest. There is still a large stone dragon roaming the site somewhere that may be the one you're thinking of.;)

hang on, I've a photo somewhere...

Edited by MilkyJoe

13 minutes ago, Untz said:

What I think you mean is to use the lock ups. If you're too drunk to use the lock ups, you're too drunk to stash stuff under the tent.

I once woke up to find I had apparently used the lock up before bed. I couldn't remember which one, but fortunately for everyone involved it was the closest one. That could have been a long morning.

Never used the lockup, might do this year though since I'm coaching it. Just don't do what I did in my first year and drunkenly stash your stuff under someone else's tent. When I eventually figured it out it was pretty awkward pulling a ziplock bag full of cash and other things from under someone elses tent with them watching.

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

And keeping everything on your person gets less safe the drunker you get. I managed to lose my purse at the Stone Circle one year with £150 in it. At least I made someones Glastonbury.... :lol: They did actually send the purse back to me, as it had my ticket in with my address on. Needless to say, without the money.

Now I lie subscribing to the idea that if your tent already looks like its been ransacked, no ones gonna be bothered to steal from it. 

Has anyone ever had many incidents of theft? I know when i went to Reading many moons ago a few people near us got robbed....our friend had his bag stolen while he was asleep in the tent, and another girl we were with woke up as someone was trying to get in but luckily they got scared away. I always thought Glasto was different because you need a ticket to get into the campsite, and I think at Reading then you didn't 

I've never had anything stolen from me at glasto or any other festival, but a few of my mates seem to always get something stolen from out of their tent, even at glasto. They keep their tents pretty untidy too, whereas I keep my pristine. It would be interesting to get an actual festival thief's views on what makes a tent a target or not.

Just now, Sasperella said:

Oh wow, that's cool!!! Yeh, the one I'm thinking of is this one below I think... although he doesn't look quite so up for a party as that other one!

It was very cool. And just because I love my own photo so much, here is a picture of it I took at sunrise on Monday morning in 2010!:wub:

The one in your video is most definitely still there though!

IMG_1145.JPG

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

It was very cool. And just because I love my own photo so much, here is a picture of it I took at sunrise on Monday morning in 2010!:wub:

The one in your video is most definitely still there though!

IMG_1145.JPG

Excellent photo skills! I hope I'm having as much fun as he appears to be come sunrise on Saturday 24th June :-D

1 minute ago, Dillyblue said:

We finally found the dragon just a couple of weeks ago. He/she (?) is huge and sitting in water and looking well!!!  Wonderful. Definitely worth the search!

Shame about the wooden one! Great pics Milky Joe!

There are so many things im determined to find this year. Dragon, underground piano bar, whatever exactly it is that's hiding inside the block 9 buildings....

Not are the lock ups safe but I was on a tight budget last year and set myself an amount everyday and took that out every morning from the lock ups. Worked far better than I expected. Like my own cash machine.

Also pocket tissues and a small pack of wet wipes are far easier and less likely to get wet than carrying a big toilet roll around. 

If you suffer from hay fever wash hands and face before going to bed.

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

It went to Manor Wildlife Park in Wales Guy after 2010 I think. I think it's on their Park map. I was gutted when they moved it, for some reason I loved that thing. If it ever came up for sale I'd like to buy it for my garden!:)

Cheers old son.. I knew that it had gone to a good home.. You must have a big garden old son lol 

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Oh wow, that's cool!!! Yeh, the one I'm thinking of is this one below I think... although he doesn't look quite so up for a party as that other one!

So when we visited the farm the other week I was chatting to a lady about the dragon.. Something about whether she comes here often blar blar blar just being nice as you do when she tells me that she's up there a lot because she's one of the people who clean and fix the dragon when people have broken it by climbing over it.. Then she pointed out that I was stood on the dragons foot lol.. She was quite nice about it.. Me standing on The foot that is 

Now I don't know if she was telling the truth but I just had a feeling that she was.. So fair play to the girl... 

17 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Cheers old son.. I knew that it had gone to a good home.. You must have a big garden old son lol 

Well there wouldn't be much room for anything else and the missus would probably have something to say about it!:D

8 hours ago, Sasperella said:

And keeping everything on your person gets less safe the drunker you get. I managed to lose my purse at the Stone Circle one year with £150 in it. At least I made someones Glastonbury.... :lol: They did actually send the purse back to me, as it had my ticket in with my address on. Needless to say, without the money.

Now I lie subscribing to the idea that if your tent already looks like its been ransacked, no ones gonna be bothered to steal from it. 

Has anyone ever had many incidents of theft? I know when i went to Reading many moons ago a few people near us got robbed....our friend had his bag stolen while he was asleep in the tent, and another girl we were with woke up as someone was trying to get in but luckily they got scared away. I always thought Glasto was different because you need a ticket to get into the campsite, and I think at Reading then you didn't 

The Wednesday night last year I woke up in the early hours...about 5am and our tent door was flapping in the wind. Some of my friends clothes and things were pulled outside the tent. I woke her and she figured out the top bit of her rucksack was clipped off....which contained all of her underwear and sadly her raybans. She went hunting and found the top bit with her underwear strewn about like an Easter egg hunt. 

What I found funny is that we had all of our valuables in the tent in easily accessible places but he went for the bag full of ladies underwear. 

First glasto so lesson learned and we used the lock ups after that. She bought the exact same raybans and it's all just a distant memory now. 

52 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

This is the best advice :lol:

This is true! Every time I go nude at the festival, I'm smiling, other people smile when they see me. Everyone is smiling! Warms the heart it does :)

7 hours ago, mickeyboymel said:

Collect Various Size Coffee Cup Lids in Service Stations etc in the weeks leading up to the festival.... nothing worse than trying to carry lifesaver coffee back to camp in the mornings with no lids on!!

They arent given out because they are plastic I assume, take your own washable mug and lid instead like people have on the train in the morning?

9 hours ago, Divein said:

Not are the lock ups safe but I was on a tight budget last year and set myself an amount everyday and took that out every morning from the lock ups. Worked far better than I expected. Like my own cash machine.

This is what I do. The first thing I do every morning is go get my money, get a new toilet roll and drop off any spare change as a donation to the tent. Maybe have some friendly chat with the volunteers while all the time wishing that people would leave me alone because I'm feeling so fucking rough.

12 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

:lol:

That is one of the very few advantages of suffering from 'shy bowel'.

Haha yes! Very lucky!! 

11 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

Bought one :D my little blue tent loo haha! 

I might get one too! We'll have to put name labels on them! :) 

11 hours ago, Untz said:

I must be the only person who doesn't mind going for a piss mid-morning out the tent. It's nice to see who's up and what's going on. It's a good time to fill up bottles or use the sinks for whatever reason without queues.

Though I do usually go to bed after sunrise so mid-morning is relative. Probably wouldn't like it if it was dark.

I'm a bed after sunrise person too, but usually have one night for a BIG sleep. I love getting up at about 11am, stumbling out of my tent and over to the nearest loo/sinks. I need to wash my face and have a wee before I can think about proper clothes, so I'm always in the loo queue in my Winnie the Pooh pyjamas, with my hair sticking out at weird angles! It makes me chuckle because there are always people in the queue who are immaculately dressed, full make up done, hair all straight and I just think, fuck that! What a waste of time! Haha! They must think I look a right state :)