Alternative Glastonbury Tips

congyiszizu

By now we are all used to seeing the usual tips on packing, what to bring etc for the newbies, however what alternative tips would you recommend to more experienced Glastonbury goers? 

My tips would be

use the attended compost toilets up by the stone circle, in my experience by far the cleanest at the festival.

Take an empty 2litre water bottle and fill it up at night to avoid the queues in the morning. You can then brush teeth/wash hair in the morning without the need to queue

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

If you want an even cleaner toilet experience when at the car collecting supplies Over the weekend go to the portaloos at the far ends of the car parks. They are palatial as nobody is using them.

Either palatial or disgusting as they've not been cleaned all weekend. Risky. 

My tip is if you're doing more than one trip from the car, make sure you take your tent, camp chair and a beer on the first run. We always pitch the tent and have a can and take in the wonderful sights and sounds before heading back to the car. 

Get registered. 

Don't try and see everything.. You won't do it. 

As an alternative to going up the ribbon tower there another look out platform in the T&C field near the printing press place. 

Find the stone dragon and the tree nymph.....i only saw the nymph when we were up the the other week and it was pointed out... It's cool 

Sit down.. I'm the sort of person that always thinks he's missing something so am always wanting to go here there and everywhere but some of the best moments have been when me and the wife have just sat down and well watched the festival. 

Pray for the sun.. You don't want r..n 

Store your beer/cider cans under you tent ground sheet directly on the grass at night. The cold/damp from the ground over night acts like a fridge and hey presto you have cold cans for the next day instead of the usual luke warm ones !

Shout ALAN at the top of your voice at random times, in random places because nobody does this.

Bring a watermelon for counsel.

Fashion a necklace from wellington boots and when someone asks what the fuck you're doing tell them they weren't there man.

Walk backwards up the hill at the Park and turn around when you get to the top.

29 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Work out how many "supplies" you'll need, then double it. The same rule applies to clean socks. 

100% this! ;)

25 minutes ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

Fashion a necklace from wellington boots and when someone asks what the fuck you're doing tell them they weren't there man.

:lol::lol::lol: