Camper van confusion

Waterpistal

Is it just me or have they made getting a campervan ticket almost impossible.  I know its all about reducing the carbon foot print but its getting silly.  After lucking out and managing to get a ticket in the resale I then have to log in again separately to try and get a campervan ticket.  After a few attempts there was one available for the bath and west site.  This is twice the price and further away but it was all that was available so I got it, only to log on today and see east site tickets available.  I try and buy one but it will not let me as I already have a booking, reading the other threads on here (and now having spoken to see tickets) it also seems that if I got someone else to buy the ticket (then allowing me to cancel by current booking) they would have to be with me for me to get in and cannot be transferred to me. 

I swear it gets harder and harder each year to go I am starting the question whether its worth all the effort cannot even get parking tickets this year.

Anyway the question I ask is should I cancel my current campervan ticket (it will take three days apparently) and wait for another east/west ticket to become available?  Is it likely more will become available or should I just be happy with what I got and stop complaining as others did not get any tickets.

Cheers

I'd cancel it and get another. The system was so poor this year so for example one of my friends now has 3 x East campervan tickets due to a few of us trying for her, so will be returning 2 which will then go back into the pool for people like you. I expect this will be the same for quite a few others too!

For the first time I was trying for a camper van ticket in October and yes it was stressful.

The CV fields do seem to get bigger every year and I presume as Glasto would not allow everyone to come in a Camper or bring a caravan limits have to apply and therefore there is a big rush for tickets.

I woud like to know what happens if  you do not have a CV ticket and just turn up at the gate. Would they find space for you or make you go into the normal car parks  ? In which case would they kick you out and go and make you buy a tent or get the Hari Krishnas to put you up for the weekend ?

Sadly travelling on my own so cannot get someone to get the ticket for me.

They do indeed make you park in the car park if you do not have a camper van ticket seen it happen a few times over the years.

Really do not want to risk having no ticket, has anyone ever used the bath and west site?  I think I need to get a bus to site each day would be good to know how regular they are and how long it takes

46 minutes ago, Waterpistal said:

Sadly travelling on my own so cannot get someone to get the ticket for me.

They do indeed make you park in the car park if you do not have a camper van ticket seen it happen a few times over the years.

Really do not want to risk having no ticket, has anyone ever used the bath and west site?  I think I need to get a bus to site each day would be good to know how regular they are and how long it takes

They used B&W as a back up for the first time last year, those that got out there seemed to be ok with it, Its the first year of a proper booked usage so not sure anyone knows how regular the buses are , but I guess they have to be good. 

When are you aiming on going in ? 

Just a question on this that no one seems to know the answer to. In the CV resale we picked up east family/hire tickets ( only ones available after 3mins of the resale!!, We are not taking any kids but nowhere in the t&c's does it state you can only enter with kids.....any advice

4 hours ago, Lankyboy said:

Just a question on this that no one seems to know the answer to. In the CV resale we picked up east family/hire tickets ( only ones available after 3mins of the resale!!, We are not taking any kids but nowhere in the t&c's does it state you can only enter with kids.....any advice

Back in October when I got my CV East Family ticket, it was planned that my daughter was coming with us on the Tuesday...Now, she won't be arriving until the Friday.

There shouldn't be a problem entering without a child in tow....!

4 hours ago, Wee willy winkie said:

I think you'll be alright Lankyboy. It's usually so manic that no one will reprimand you for your lack of children. I'm taking 4 kids so I have some spare if you need to borrow them. :blink:

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like I'll be ok