Your most unexpectedly poignant music moment.

Wilfko

4 hours ago, 6t6o6m said:

Last year - Aurora - Running with the Wolves.

Stumbled across her accidentally, and didn't fail to astound me.

I didn't quite stumble across aurora but didn't know her well but she absolutely blew me away.  When she sang conquerer it was a truly special experience . 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

I didn't quite stumble across aurora but didn't know her well but she absolutely blew me away.  When she sang conquerer it was a truly special experience . 

Cracking song! I was on there to see her as I was early for Half Moon Run due to the rain. Really enjoyed her and definitely a highlight. 

What a great thread, I've got a couple that come to mind. 2007 - Billy Bragg Tank Park Salute, after a long week and pretty jaded when he played this I was a wreck.

2009 - Bruce Springsteen Coma Girl, this was amazing one of my favourite artists, singing a song written by my all time hero about my favourite place on earth was really special.

2010 - Frank Turner Long Live The Queen, going through a really tough time with work and a relationship breakdown, singing along with friends, made me realize that things weren't that bad and having good friends around you is all that matters

Two for me.  First was Willie Nelson on Pyramid in 2010(????).  I don't like country music and, even if I did, I think he would be far from the top of my list of those I would listen to but walking through the Pyramid Field heading for the Cider Bus and hearing him do "always on my mind" I blubbed like a baby.  Absolutely no idea why but it was an amazing moment.

The second was just as unexpected.  Stayed to watch Mary J Blige between Alabama Shakes and Motörhead largely because we couldn't be arsed to walk anywhere.  I thought the whole set was amazing but when she did "no drama" I couldn't work out what was rain and what was tears.  Again, absolutely no idea why.  

8 minutes ago, mjsell said:

That's the one!

that slow descent in to darkness to be hit by that light show at the end. Was a joyous joyous set for me. 

The look on the girls face at 2:58 sums it up for me. Bliss.

Due to a previous post earlier in the thread I just re-watched the entire set and it's an absolute beauty from start to finish. Oh to have been there! I got a bit emotional during Gosh.

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Mentioned elsewhere in a different thread, but James playing Tomorrow last year. Didn't expect them to trot it out, and after a fairly rubbish 6 months and then the travel debacle I was singing along and in bits

I must admit to filling up when james opened with nothing but love . After a long wait I thought im finally at glastonbury and the first song is from one of my favourite all time bands . I'm getting to be more emotional the older I get 

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

That's the one!

that slow descent in to darkness to be hit by that light show at the end. Was a joyous joyous set for me. 

The look on the girls face at 2:58 sums it up for me. Bliss.

Fuck I wish I'd gone to this instead of the stupid Libertines. It was alright enough but I wanted to be at this at the time and in hindsight I wish I'd been there even more.

Watched Billy Bragg on the Introducing stage in 2013, had a moment when he played Times They are a Changing, think the whole festival had been a real whirlwind up until that moment and it was only a few months since a really close friend had died - watched it back when I got home and I saw myself on the footage and went again at home.

7 hours ago, nikkic said:

"Can't Do Without You" by Caribou in 2015. 

The wife and I had taken a few years off the festival for one reason or another, when the bass kicked in on that bad boy I had a tear in my eye. 

Felt so good to be back on the farm with my wife and best mates having a party. 

I had exactly this when I saw them at Green Man. Would love to see that again!

Keep on rockin in the freeworld Neil Young... Is up there with the best of the best for me 

Oooo and new order last year when I thought they had finished then came back with.. Love will tear us apart.. Never thought I'd see that tune live.. Went on a bit of a bender after that.. 

Edited by guypjfreak

Had been wandering about in 2010 with the sun blazing down and the festival coming to an end. Got a pint from the bar opposite the glade and started wandering back the way before Alabama 3 and Levellers on the Glade. Saw a huge crowd of people facing the Other stage with LCD Soundsystem playing 'Yeah' dancing, looking really cheery and happy and the sun beginning to set in the background. A really beautiful moment.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Fuck I wish I'd gone to this instead of the stupid Libertines. It was alright enough but I wanted to be at this at the time and in hindsight I wish I'd been there even more.

We were at the libertines and left halfway through, then legged it all the way to the Park - got there just as Jamie was starting. You can tell that was our first night of the main stages being open at our first Glastonbury. Timed it to perfection though 

6 hours ago, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

Mine is Elbow in 2011. The Loneliness of the Tower Crane Driver was just sensational in the evening sun. 

Was just realising there was more to life than my ex wife. The strings, cider and the sun took me to a very happy place. 

Another Elbow, 2011. The Birds, with the gulls wheeling over Other against the evening sun, just got me.