eFest meet 2017

Dyceloon

2 hours ago, Rowie said:

@Dyceloon another Dyce lad here although an old mannie now! I grew up and went to school there but now live in another part of Aberdoom.  @pauladam Good stuff.

Due to arrive late Wednesday afternoon so should really try to get to the meet to thank people for all the information that has been provided for 1st timers like myself.

Great stuff . look forward to seeing you both there . :drinks:

10 hours ago, The Placid Casual said:

I noticed the @eFestivals site had set one up in the past. Unsure if it's happened more than once though.

The eFestivals Glastonbury World Cup, England v The Rest of the World charity match for WaterAid happened twice 09 and 10 with the house band Hobo Jones and the Junkyard Dogs kicking things off.

Me and Chazeboy organised it and the main reason we stopped was the amount of time it took up before the festival.

Michael Eavis set us a target of £6000 to raise in 2010 and this took up a huge amount of our (and others) free time to raise over that.

They were both fantastic experiences on the day though and a few of us still meet up at the eFestivals Wednesday meet to reminisce.

I meet up with Chazeboy 2/3 times a year now and when drunk we have often talked about doing it again. Then we sober up and remember the effort.

Anyway England won two years running so to risk that unbeaten run and the chance for Chazeboy to get hold of the cup would be stupid :)

20 minutes ago, hogga said:

The eFestivals Glastonbury World Cup, England v The Rest of the World charity match for WaterAid happened twice 09 and 10 with the house band Hobo Jones and the Junkyard Dogs kicking things off.

Me and Chazeboy organised it and the main reason we stopped was the amount of time it took up before the festival.

Michael Eavis set us a target of £6000 to raise in 2010 and this took up a huge amount of our (and others) free time to raise over that.

They were both fantastic experiences on the day though and a few of us still meet up at the eFestivals Wednesday meet to reminisce.

I meet up with Chazeboy 2/3 times a year now and when drunk we have often talked about doing it again. Then we sober up and remember the effort.

Anyway England won two years running so to risk that unbeaten run and the chance for Chazeboy to get hold of the cup would be stupid :)

Great memories though, and lifelong friendships formed. Heading down to the site with blue and white Pom poms for cheerleading ... And I have a vague recollection of a man on a space hopper going across the pitch :-) 

1 hour ago, hogga said:

We were robbed by the ref one of the years. 12th man stuff. They should've showed the game on Crimewatch.

But weren't you so happy!

EfestivalsWorldCup2-Glastonbury2010-PB16 

3 hours ago, hogga said:

Damn, I'd love the chance to get one over you English.

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

We were robbed by the ref one of the years. 12th man stuff. They should've showed the game on Crimewatch.

the trouble with the English was they waited until I was knackered and subbed out of goal before they started scoring, well apart from the dubious ruled 'ball not out of play - back pass infringement' penalty goal.

Sorry but we won both fair and square.

2009 - you couldn't beat England's number one and we easily won. The chanting from the crowd and scenes at the end when the England fans piled on the keeper were the highlight.

2010 - this one was a bit of a closer game with a couple of dubious decisions I agree but you couldn't get near the two young Geordie brothers in midfield. Highlight of this one was when the lad was getting strechered off on a camp bed and it collapsed.

Nal - Not that photo again! 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

That grass looks awfully long for a game of football. Was it long ball football to compensate?

ps. I love the jacket.

13 minutes ago, mjsell said:

That grass looks awfully long for a game of football. Was it long ball football to compensate?

ps. I love the jacket.

The jacket was because it was during the Capello era. I had the glasses on as well but they must have come off in all the excitement of us scoring.

It was very time consuming to organise, not just at festival. But looking back It was well worth it. Not just for the money raised but for the friendships I now have with people off the back of it. I wouldn't trade that for anything. But I don't miss the being bedded by 8pm because I was knackered, in the weds

Edited by Chazeboy