eFest meet 2017

Dyceloon

Well i was browsing the Unsuccessful thread tonight and there sees to be a lot of chat re the eFest meet. So i thought I’d start a thread on that very subject for 2017.

Hope the real hard-core on here don’t mind me taking the initiative ;)

First of all ,I’d like to send , to all those regulars on here, and the newbies , which we all once were ,who didn’t get tickets (yet !) my commiserations .

Lynngill and I were there in the same depressing place last year .And even more so after we also failed in secret sale .We had tried and were rejected for every bloody volunteer opportunity going. Oxfam, water aid, ( i wrote a poem for that competition that would have made Wordsworth weep,  still rejected, the bastards) wristbands team.Long drop diver . You name it, we lucked out in it. So in the end we didn’t make 2016. (we ended up at another Euro festival and had a ball but that’s a different topic)This year we will be back  in Somerset and we can’t wait .It’s our spiritual home now. It’s a long way from Aberdeen but worth every mile.

Anyway. The meet. Let’s start by saying we have only been to one .2015. We tried finding the 2014 meet but we may have a tad too much spiritual lubrication and ended up at god knows which bar asking random folk  if they knew where Siblin was as we wanted to pour much thanks and copious malt whisky down his neck for his help in the secret sale that year( see, there is hope folks)   

Point is we were also pretty nervous about meeting all these strangers who really weren’t strangers at all .Folk with odd user names who had been an invaluable source of information and bags of mirth since my first adventure to Glasto in 2010.

But we just turned up and started saying hi to a few folk, introduced ourselves and people couldn’t be nicer. Silly to think otherwise in retrospect really. A family of likeminded people who share the same love.Putting faces to names was fun.

Met  Neil ( he will try to sell you mugs , walk away:D ) , Matt 42 and a fascinating chap who’s name escapes me who takes all the photos for eFest site, and who I decided then and there has me dream job ! Among lots of others, and we can’t wait to kick off the same way this year .

So come say hello . ..bring nibbles :)

@Dyceloon Aha - a fellow Aberdonian making the pilgrimage :) (Balmedie myself to be exact)

I have always said "This year I will make the efests meet" - and then I fall foul of the celebration of arriving at the site and getting pitched and cracking open lubrication and well.....we all know how that ends up...

This year I will make the efests meet

7 minutes ago, Havors said:

When does this meet usually occur? i.e. Wednesday? Thursday? 

I worry I will be far too intoxicated or lost to find it :)

This is last year's thread

It's probably safe to assume all the details will remain the same but I'm sure @eFestivals will confirm in the coming days.

@Dyceloon another Dyce lad here although an old mannie now! I grew up and went to school there but now live in another part of Aberdoom.  @pauladam Good stuff.

Due to arrive late Wednesday afternoon so should really try to get to the meet to thank people for all the information that has been provided for 1st timers like myself.

yes was thinking they had .Not sure why it stopped.

We can have half time oranges that have been injected with vodka .And water bottles filled with Mad dog 20/20 Would bring back some wonderful memories of my local Sunday league days.  ..Ah the beautiful game...jumpers for goalposts..etc etc  :D