Competitions Thread

Hutchmaster

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Maybe not. Pretty sure I saw the efests Glastonbury tickets competition on a competition website recently. Meaning the efests competition isn't confined to efesters. 

All efestivals competitions are open to anyone who wants to enter.

It's not a secret clique where only regular posters get to win. The winner is drawn fairly, at random.

There were about 800 entries for this comp. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations to the winner, can only imagine how amazing that must feel. Last hope for the rest of us appears to be this Guardian nonsense, tried my nearest corner shop this morning and he looked at me like I was speaking Swahili so will have to take another look at the list of stores. Daily purchases should amount to 20 odd quid, not bad for a ticket worth £250. Good luck to all still trying

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the efests competition has been won by someone from Ipswich - who appears to have signed up just for the competition (it's allowed, OK?).

To him: I hope it makes your day! :)

I'm sure it will! Would have been nice to see someone off here win it all the same.

Edited in to say that's not supposed to sound arsey although it may read like that!:) fair play to the guy or girl. That's maxing your chances. Someone has to win. Shame for the regulars but there is still hope.

Edited by MilkyJoe

Just now, irm96 said:

Congratulations to the winner, can only imagine how amazing that must feel. Last hope for the rest of us appears to be this Guardian nonsense, tried my nearest corner shop this morning and he looked at me like I was speaking Swahili so will have to take another look at the list of stores. Daily purchases should amount to 20 odd quid, not bad for a ticket worth £250. Good luck to all still trying

It took me four stores this morning, 2 of which were Co-ops. So not exactly small scale. Even then I spent 10 mins at the till explaining to them to read the instructions below the barcode.

2 minutes ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

It took me four stores this morning, 2 of which were Co-ops. So not exactly small scale. Even then I spent 10 mins at the till explaining to them to read the instructions below the barcode.

What a hassle. Makes it worse knowing we'll probably have to spend another ten minutes explaining tomorrow, the next day, etc. They really could have done this a simpler way!

Just now, irm96 said:

What a hassle. Makes it worse knowing we'll probably have to spend another ten minutes explaining tomorrow, the next day, etc. They really could have done this a simpler way!

Yes. Gutting, especially since the 1/800 chance of the efestivals one was probably the best chance we had. This latest guardian one isn't even restricted to pre-registered people, so there will be more "just for the sake of it" entries. Sigh.

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

Winner of the efests comp just announced. H Mooney (Ipswich) congratulations!:) 

Back to the drawing board for the rest of us!

:(

Remember it had to be drawn more than once last year...... 

7 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Remember it had to be drawn more than once last year...... 

which is precisely why the winning entrant's details were checked as valid with the festival before I said who had won.

Tho even before i'd had them checked I was pretty sure everything was good with them, via some checks of my own.

(I'm guessing there might have been something with the set-up for last year's comp which caused those issues last year, tho as it wasn't me who dealt with it that's only a guess).

1 hour ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

Did you get 15p off too? I did...I'm hoping I didn't get that instead of an entry...

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

which is precisely why the winning entrant's details were checked as valid with the festival before I said who had won.

Tho even before i'd had them checked I was pretty sure everything was good with them, via some checks of my own.

(I'm guessing there might have been something with the set-up for last year's comp which caused those issues last year, tho as it wasn't me who dealt with it that's only a guess).

It was drawn after the secret resales last year......  I know that the 2nd winner had obtained tickets via that route. The 3rd winner was most delighted to be drawn and had a ball!! 

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

All efestivals competitions are open to anyone who wants to enter.

It's not a secret clique where only regular posters get to win. The winner is drawn fairly, at random.

There were about 800 entries for this comp. 

Hello Neil,

I wasn't trying to insinuate that the competitions should be confined to efester members. I was just pointing out what you have confirmed, in that the competitions have a wider catchment area than just us lot on here. 

14 hours ago, Fishman said:

Not sure this one has been mentioned .....

Water Aid ....

http://www.wateraid.org/uk/get-involved/events/glastonbury-2017-ticket-competition

35 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

As stated above, the water aid one is up and running.  If you don't know the answer, check out the Water Aid website

http://www.wateraid.org/uk/get-involved/events/glastonbury

I thought sending you over to their website was nicer than just spelling out the answer...

Thanks

50 minutes ago, Smash1984 said:

I doubt this has been added yet as the comptition only went live yesterday but EE are running one for 10 pairs of tickets.

http://ee.co.uk/why-ee/tickets-events/glastonbury

Many thanks for this!! Gotta be an EE customer though (which I am) but if you aren't you can register for a free SIM here: http://shop.ee.co.uk/price-plans/free-sim

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:54 PM, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

Yes. For all the difference it makes!

I had terrible problems with the Guardian comp. Last Sunday I tried Asda in Eastbourne who after ten minutes of keeping me waiting said my barcode was invaild. I then went to a one stop down the road (you need a retailer with a paypoint) who read the comp details and said it seemed quite easy and put it through no problem. The 15p is for the retailer as they receive a credit for putting the entry through as it costs them per transaction. They then keep the receipt for reconciliation. I then went to my local Asda the next day and even though they didn't know anything about it and where going to send me away at first put it through after I explained the process. Luckily the lady seemed to advise the other members of staff and it has been easier ever since. It has been a nightmare of a comp though. They call me Glasto girl in Asda now! I'm gutted as my partner is a photographer and has managed to get in on a press pass this year. I have been unlucky in every sale after being lucky for three years in a row. I'm gutted but trying everything I can, even kidding myself that I might win a comp!

25 minutes ago, Kris1980 said:

I had terrible problems with the Guardian comp. Last Sunday I tried Asda in Eastbourne who after ten minutes of keeping me waiting said my barcode was invaild. I then went to a one stop down the road (you need a retailer with a paypoint) who read the comp details and said it seemed quite easy and put it through no problem. The 15p is for the retailer as they receive a credit for putting the entry through as it costs them per transaction. They then keep the receipt for reconciliation. I then went to my local Asda the next day and even though they didn't know anything about it and where going to send me away at first put it through after I explained the process. Luckily the lady seemed to advise the other members of staff and it has been easier ever since. It has been a nightmare of a comp though. They call me Glasto girl in Asda now! I'm gutted as my partner is a photographer and has managed to get in on a press pass this year. I have been unlucky in every sale after being lucky for three years in a row. I'm gutted but trying everything I can, even kidding myself that I might win a comp!

I've had similar problems - I was kind of hoping it had put everyone else off :lol: