Competitions Thread

Hutchmaster

Hi guys, thought it would be a good idea to have a thread listing competitions for Glastonbury tickets for those of us who still don't have a ticket. So any competition you hear of and are happy to share, post below and I'll edit this post to keep them centralised and hopefully at least one of us on the forum has some luck!

Thatchers (Closes 11.59pm Sunday 21st May)

Oxfam: Text GLASTO to 60046. (Entry costs £5, closes 11.59pm 1st May)

National Express (Closes midnight 26th April)

Those are the three biggies so far, but I'm sure the likes of Radio 1 will be running competitions too.

Good luck folks!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out of interest does anybody know what would happen if you won one of these but already had tickets? I say this because I've entered them all so far but got resale tickets. Do you think you'd be able to give them to friends, or would you just have to pass them over? I know it's a very very unlikely scenario to end up facing, but I'm just curious.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Out of interest does anybody know what would happen if you won one of these but already had tickets? I say this because I've entered them all so far but got resale tickets. Do you think you'd be able to give them to friends, or would you just have to pass them over? I know it's a very very unlikely scenario to end up facing, but I'm just curious.

You usually have to provide the reg number at some point so it would have to be someone elses if you already have tickets I think

5 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think they'd just go onto someone else who entered and was in a back up list. You can't usually enter on behalf of someone else (I had to give names when I won straight away and some you have to before you enter) 

I think I've entered a couple where I haven't had to enter a registration number yet, and it just said in the terms and conditions that both recipients have to have valid registrations upon winning. I'd pray I could just give two registrations of friends that are in need but I'm not so sure that could happen tbh. 

Alternatively, could you refund your ticket and take the competition one and get the additional one for a friend? Would be so risky though.

Edited by mjsell

Just got a text from Oxfam, after entering their ticket competition last week. saying they have changed somes terms relating to the amount Oxfam recieve from the £5 cost to enter.

It did say they would receive £3.50 of the £5, but it has now changed to "between £1.68 and £3.22 dependent on the network provider". I know its not a huge thing but I find it a bit bad.

5 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Just got a text from Oxfam, after entering their ticket competition last week. saying they have changed somes terms relating to the amount Oxfam recieve from the £5 cost to enter.

It did say they would receive £3.50 of the £5, but it has now changed to "between £1.68 and £3.22 dependent on the network provider". I know its not a huge thing but I find it a bit bad.

Someone at my work had the same text... he thought he had won

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Time Out.

Says in association with Thatchers so I'm not sure if actually a new competition or the same one, but if nothing else it's another chance to enter.

Looks a different one :) also keeping an eye out for competitions I should think the local paper ones should be due soon 

8 minutes ago, blackred said:

Cheers @Gnomicide, found another one - looks a bit scammy though?

http://www.signatureliving.co.uk/win-vip-glastonbury-tickets-meet-greet/

You could be right, not sure I've seen any VIP ticket comps before unless from the festival themselves. Could be the company are doing something backstage or maybe got some tickets off Dua Lipa's team?

They are a pretty big company though. 

Edited by Gnomicide

40 minutes ago, blackred said:

Cheers @Gnomicide, found another one - looks a bit scammy though?

http://www.signatureliving.co.uk/win-vip-glastonbury-tickets-meet-greet/

Signature Living are a pretty reputable company, I know a few people who have booked through them when staying in Liverpool so hopefully it's legit! Cheers for the links guys :)