Compact sleeping bag

Mr Benn

Unfortunately those tend to be fairly mutually exclusive factors.  I was searching last year and ones that pack up small tend to come in at a bit of a mark up - over 3 figures.

Best just to have a look at your local outdoors store and see what suits you best.

I've got a Vango Venom 200 Square but I got it a while ago and tbh the current bag going by that name on the Vango website looks pretty different to what I have.

1 hour ago, FatAmmy said:

If a sleeping bag is primarily for glasto use, I'd say warm is by far the least necessary of the three

True to an extent....though the paradox is the better the weather during the day the greater the possibility that it'll be freezing at night.  2010 was baltic once the sun went down.

I bought this kit in 2015 because I had no money to get all the bits separately and thought the sleeping bag would be about the same as a bin bag, but it's great!  I used it last year and on two other camping trips and it's really warm!  The rest of the stuff in the kit has broken or been lost, but the bag is spot on.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-camping-kit-sleeping-festivals/dp/B00DEI0PJ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492978789&sr=8-1&keywords=lazy+camper

Edited by Fork_UK

Buy a cheapish/small one and get a fleece liner for it. They make a huge difference. I also pack an emergency space blanket that I can pull over my sleeping bag if it's too cold. Sleeping mat underneath your sleeping bag adds a layer of insulation. Worth having for that reason on its own. 

Edited by semmtexx