Resale Rants

Peroni

Can I just rant here for a minute??

so today I was trying to get Tickets for friend and feel the need to get this off my chest,  why are people so unorganised?

Few examples of things that wound me up today:

Late detail givers - 8:57 I get a what's app from my mate "can you add xyz to the resale sheet?"  Um how about no.. the sheets been up since October why are you just coming to me now?!?

registration double dippers  also do my nut...few times I've had people hedge bets with lots of folks trying in different buying groups... but then they don't tell you... cue me this time getting through to the buying page and getting a ticket has already been bought with this registration whilst I have others in the basket need tickets and having to waste valuable time deleting people.

People not checking postcodes / details or updating details and not updating shared sheet  - again got through today and had two people in basket where I was getting an error on postcodes and one that was okay.  By the time I had cleared the reg nos of the duff ones it was sold out....

lazy people - folks who add details to sheet and say they will be up trying when you know full well they are relying on others... I mean I got up at 1am LA time to try and I know damn well others are still in bed.

Why doesn't everyone seem to get how hard it is to get a ticket and actually put the effort in ?!?

Feel better now 

Anyone else got any rants to share!?!

I've experienced most of these, and I'd agree with all of them! Quite often the disorganised ones don't even get around to registering in time for ticket day, so that rules them out as soon as I ask for their reg no. for trying (one person sent me their car registration plate! heh..)

I do ask that all those I'm trying for are also trying on the day, and signed into a Whatsapp group for updates, but I don't go as far as checking they're there before trying, we're only human, most of us...

@billum we do have a what's app... people spend the time posting that they can't get through vs pressing F5... makes me crazy!!

sometimes people think I have a magic hotline as I always get though... however it is really simple repeatedly hits the refresh key... you could all do it if you tried!!

I've experienced all these issues in the past so now I set rules:

For the main sale I  set up a Google Sheet, put everyone in groups and everyone is only trying for people in their own group. Groups are strictly finalised days before and everyone must double check their details. That way everyone has 6 people trying for them and there's no crossover.

For the resale we just tried for two of our friends. They had other friends they wanted us to try for but I said I'd only try for them as adding friends of friends just brings the complications above.

Bagged them tickets and they're ecstatic. Don't think I've ever heard someone say "thank you" so many times!

30 minutes ago, Peroni said:

Can I just rant here for a minute??

registration double dippers  also do my nut...few times I've had people hedge bets with lots of folks trying in different buying groups... but then they don't tell you... cue me this time getting through to the buying page and getting a ticket has already been bought with this registration whilst I have others in the basket need tickets and having to waste valuable time deleting people.

It's this one that really gets me. What they're really saying is "I don't give a flying f*ck about anyone else on the list, as long as I up my chances". It's just f*cking outrageous, and I'd refuse to entertain having them in a group again. I'd also give serious thought as to whether they're really a friend.

13 minutes ago, musky said:

It's this one that really gets me. What they're really saying is "I don't give a flying f*ck about anyone else on the list, as long as I up my chances". It's just f*cking outrageous, and I'd refuse to entertain having them in a group again. I'd also give serious thought as to whether they're really a friend.

Exactly... I'll definitely be using the fallow to Rethink strategies on this.

I posted a general offer of help to anyone who needed it on another thread.  2 people PMed me and I agreed to help them.  Updated my post to say now I am already trying for two people so can't help anyone else.  Neither of the people who PMed me actually followed through and sent me their registration details before 9am this morning.  I could have been trying for some efesters who actually wanted some help. 

I would question the value of people who have already got tickets helping those who haven't. The extra Web traffic generated on the seetickets server must contribute to clogging up the system and stop people obtaining tickets for themselves.

I also have a beef with those who want to go but can't be arsed to try, relying on mates. If you can't get your act together you don't deserve a ticket!

5 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

This sort of thing drives me mad, literally at 9:00 am in the general sale one of our group messaged to ask what the web address was.

Yes!  Had this one too... as well as what day is it again / what time etc 

feels good to vent ! :)

my mate and his girlfriend forgot to pay for their tickets despite us all spending a week reminding people to do so. We all fail in the coach resale to get them tickets so we all agree to get us early today to try again. Expect my mate didn't get up early. He slept through it. Luckily I managed to get them both tickets so I'm the hero but still!

In the same boat !!! Group of 16 of us, 6 needed tickets. Only 5 people were awake and trying and out of those 5 only 3 needed tickets. I organised absolutely fucking everything and people said they would help and didn't and now we missed out on tickets !! Angry !

6 minutes ago, Danny_H22 said:

my mate and his girlfriend forgot to pay for their tickets despite us all spending a week reminding people to do so. We all fail in the coach resale to get them tickets so we all agree to get us early today to try again. Expect my mate didn't get up early. He slept through it. Luckily I managed to get them both tickets so I'm the hero but still!

Wow. Let's just say you've got a lot more patience than I do.

Can I ask what actually happens when you enter a registration that has already been assigned a ticket. Does it immediately tell you it has been used and let you put in an new one, does it wait until you press proceed and then tell you one or more are used and a that point does it exit from the booking page or allow you to put in different registrations.

We got ours and our friends tickets in the main sale ( 5 in total). This morning we got 3 tickets for other members of their family who failed last October. In the past we have just bought our own family 3.

I am slightly concerned about double dipping when we go for the main sale again after the fallow year.  We've been to every glastonbury festival since 94 and people think we have some magic way of succeeding, but we have just been organised, determined and lucky much as you all describe above. I worry that we might be asked to add a 6th registration to our group due to our past success rate, but that the 6th person might be hedging their bets and be in multiple groups.

massive commiserations Ollie9917  you must be livid !

1 minute ago, incident said:

Wow. Let's just say you've got a lot more patience than I do.

Honestly, with Fred, there's no point in getting annoyed because he's always been like this. His girlfriend is in Australia currently and she still managed to try during both resales. 

We're more annoyed at Bob for not telling us he wasn't going to go. Had he mentioned it at the start of the week, we might have decided to cancel our ticket and do something else. 

Quite annoyed at one of my friends. 3 of us were ticketless, I had a job with oxfam lined up which, as I'm travelling from another continent, I'd much rather go as a punter - but hey, if i didn't get a ticket I'd at least be there.

I decided to do the selfess thing and as you can only get 2 in the coach resale, i tried successfuly for my two friends instead of for myself, because I would at least be there, even if working. I risked not getting a ticket on Sunday so that I could guarantee that those 2 be there.

Friend that i got the ticket for said he would help today but didn't. I paid for his ticket upfront too, and last year.

12 minutes ago, tigertoo said:

Can I ask what actually happens when you enter a registration that has already been assigned a ticket. Does it immediately tell you it has been used and let you put in an new one, does it wait until you press proceed and then tell you one or more are used and a that point does it exit from the booking page or allow you to put in different registrations.

You have to press proceed... then after that the page will reload and some red text will be by the impacted ref nos. you can manually delete or clear full form and start again.

it can also happen once you have passed the first add reg stage though as well if both transactions are concurrent... I've had it on payment page before... so again had to go all the way back...