Redwinevino

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ReynholmIndustries said:

Just got 8 notifications in about a minute...none seem relevant though.

as far as I could see there were merely some changes to the amount of white space between segments of text - with an extra line added, and then removed again, and back and forwards a few times.

I've just amended the filtering so that if the same happens it won't trigger alerts (without risking missing the changes you're wanting to see).

Unfortunately stuff like this is probably going to happen now and then, if See Tickets play around with the page format at all. There's a number of different filters in place already for these sorts of things, but I can only trap them to be ignored after they happen. I do my best to keep on top of niggles like this so that people don't get unnecessary alerts if I'm able to stop them.

29 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Work in an office so willing to help in the "secret" sales if I can. Wasn't around for the resales. So hit us with your saddest ticket stories and I'll pick someone to help :lol:

No sad story but we're working for Oxfam and tried to get tickets for our usual campmates (obviously they will be camped elsewhere) :D ..and failed mainly down to me being too slow to respond to a kind efester who had the payment screen up :wacko:

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

first one won't do you any good. Nothing on the page changes when tickets go on sale.

The 2nd one isn't the best to monitor cos they could use something completely different for a sale. Instead it's better to monitor the base URL of glastonbury.seetickets.com, as that's redirected at DNS level (rather than server level) and it will always take you to the right place.

Thanks Neil!

One other stupid question. Just hypothetically speaking, if someone were to literally just sit staring at the screen from now until the sale, would the page on screen actually register a change? Or would you have to refresh it, or indeed have a page checker, to register the change?

I'm obviously not going to do that. I was just wondering if the page updates itself automatically or not if its left open. I assume not?

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

One other stupid question. Just hypothetically speaking, if someone were to literally just sit staring at the screen from now until the sale, would the page on screen actually register a change? Or would you have to refresh it, or indeed have a page checker, to register the change?

The page would have to be refreshed to change. A page checker is essentially reloading (refreshing) the page, each time it checks. It then compares the new version with a saved old version, in simplest terms.

I could be wrong (I'm sure someone will correct me if they know differently), but I believe that page doesn't change even when tickets go on sale - and instead it's something at the backend of things which is turned on to collect the input from submitting that page.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The page would have to be refreshed to change. A page checker is essentially reloading (refreshing) the page, each time it checks. It then compares the new version with a saved old version, in simplest terms.

I could be wrong (I'm sure someone will correct me if they know differently), but I believe that page doesn't change even when tickets go on sale - and instead it's something at the backend of things which is turned on to collect the input from submitting that page.

Do you think if I left a page open with registrations all entered and ready to go, that when they become available I could just hit proceed and it would work? Or would the page first have to be refreshed/will it be a different entry page..?

5 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

Do you think if I left a page open with registrations all entered and ready to go, that when they become available I could just hit proceed and it would work? Or would the page first have to be refreshed/will it be a different entry page..?

I believe that doesn't work, because of javascript on the page with a timestamp in it, and that timestamp has to be for around (I'm not sure how near) to when the tickets have gone back on sale.

Edited by eFestivals

2 hours ago, chrismcb said:

Work in an office so willing to help in the "secret" sales if I can. Wasn't around for the resales. So hit us with your saddest ticket stories and I'll pick someone to help :lol:

Hi Chris and thanks for offering to help someone.

our group got 4 of the 6 we need, however a friend got through for the group once so I've got my ticket but my partner doesn't - our household is a strange place to be, I'm excited to have a ticket but have to contain myself/not celebrate/plan etc as he is totally gutted.

If he doesn't get a ticket, as I mentioned in the unsuccessful thread, at least the dog sitting situation is sorted (mwahaha), I'll be going to Glastonbury without him and without my best friend.

not sure how to get through the next few weeks (not mentioning anything Glastonbury related helps) until any potential resale.

I'm going to need all the help I can get.

This may not be a sad enough story to warrant your help, but nice to have you along for the secret resale ride.

1 hour ago, moheetoes said:

Hi Chris and thanks for offering to help someone.

our group got 4 of the 6 we need, however a friend got through for the group once so I've got my ticket but my partner doesn't - our household is a strange place to be, I'm excited to have a ticket but have to contain myself/not celebrate/plan etc as he is totally gutted.

If he doesn't get a ticket, as I mentioned in the unsuccessful thread, at least the dog sitting situation is sorted (mwahaha), I'll be going to Glastonbury without him and without my best friend.

not sure how to get through the next few weeks (not mentioning anything Glastonbury related helps) until any potential resale.

I'm going to need all the help I can get.

This may not be a sad enough story to warrant your help, but nice to have you along for the secret resale ride.

Ouch! That is horrible. Hopefully you'll get sorted in secret sale!!

2 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

from reading last year's thread, the frontend did change, and there was an added pink box for clicking to take you to a page to buy tickets. it was changed for 2mins 30seconds.

GlastoTix.thumb.JPG.abfc15a64f8026115603

more info on this page:

That top screen shot takes me back to last years secret resale, I almost soiled mysef, in all seriousness my heart has never beat so fast after days of sitting around waiting for the page checker to update. 

I've said this in a couple of other threads but if you are in the UK and have the UK number please do sign up to Neil's page tracker, I sat around for days and days last year and without Neil's tracker I wouldn't of got the tickets I was also using other trackers all of which were accurate but not as quick as Neil's was.

When the opportunity comes we are talking minutes to get tickets and then that's it. 

Last chance saloon but good luck everyone, I'll stick around and try and help where I can,  I was lucky enough to be successful in the normal sale this year but the euphoria of getting them in the secret resale was something else. 

5 hours ago, chrismcb said:

I can't offer a sad story or even make one up on the spur of the moment.. I can however offer you a vast quantity of booze ! How can you refuse such an offer!!:D