"Secert" resales

Redwinevino

7 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Oh, cool...is there any problem with using both?

And also, is Neil's able to to text weird foreign numbers?

No problems using both but Neil's one is UK mobiles only I'm sorry to say. :(

http://www.checkpage.co.uk

Edited by StoneCircle

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Could you not buy a cheap UK phone with SIM?

I don't know how I's get it posted to me... I do need a sim card for when I get back. I suppose I could ask one of my friends to try and post it to my hotel when I find out what the address if. If it doesn't arrive it won't cost much I expect.

The guy who the ticket is for, and another friend who missed out today are both up for subjecting themselves to secret resale horror though :)

2 hours ago, Al2006 said:

if a whatsapp chat is made, please can someone add me to it. thank you and best of luck to all :)

T-Mouse and Cityboy75 have run them previously and they're still going. You'd have to ask if they are up for running the groups again this year, as it must take some work adding all the numbers.

Or see if Robinn is still happy to set up a new one.

Edited by musky

Managed to get 2 tickets in the secret sale last year.

I was using the two whatsapp groups and a couple of page trackers and I was constantly checking the webpage, leaving a tab with it open and frequently refreshing.

i found the whatsapp groups to be a bit slow and with too many false alarms and the page trackers had a slight delay meaning by the time I got the notification of the change to the page,the tickets were already gone by that point.

In the end it was just a chance refresh of the page and seen the "Buy Glastonbury Tickets" link and hammered away at the keyboard like a madman.

On 4/23/2017 at 10:27 AM, Robinn said:

What's the success rate for people hunting for tickets?

like every alerter method, it's only as good as how quickly a response is made to the alert - so the success rate is more down to how quickly people act than it is the system itself.

The system is very quick to alert you, tho.

I believe that the success rate was very high last year, tho that's anecdotal, from those who told me it had helped get them sorted.

14 hours ago, slipmatt said:

I've secured tickets in the secret re-sales - best way for me was to install the Google Chrome page monitor, then set it to check ever second.

It will make a loud 'cuckoo' when the booking page changes :) Just leave your laptop on - easier if your someone who works at a laptop.

Good luck lovely people x

Good advice, cheers pal

14 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Buy one on eBay.....

Why did it never cross my mind to look there? Must have been the post resale depression. Thanks!

@eFestivals thanks, i just ordered a uk sim so i can sign up for your pagechecker. hope there's no delay in getting the message to NL, but we'll know that soon enough.

7 hours ago, Robinn said:

I'll set up a whatsapp group tonight, so if people wanna join, just PM me your phone number! 

Last years Whats App group was late alerting everyone and had sold-out before anyone had really piped up if I remember correctly. 

Went on to the See Tickets page after the flurry of Check Page notifications and refreshing regularly got me through to the classic deposit holding page quite a few times but no further. Does that mean there were some on sale? Seems a little soon after the official resale...I gave up after I realised I'd been refreshing for almost as long as the main sale lasts in October.

New poster to this board, been 7 times since 2007 and devastated at not being able to get tickets this year in either sale after work and a friend's wedding kept me out of the running for 2015/16. Was going to be a special trip for my brother's 40th and last hurrah before a baby arrives in August so I don't want to give up hope just yet...