The Placid Casual

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Luckily I got tickets in the first sale but was trying for 4 friends today.

Like many others - got through to the "Enter Reg Details" page 3 times. First time it kicked me back to the holding page, the next 2 times it said tickets unavailable. Gutted for my mates.

Sorry to anyone on here who never managed to get any :( and well done to those that did!

4 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Didn't get a parking ticket but now one of our party wants to drive - can we buy one down the line?

You can contact Seetickets by phone for them too apparently. Wouldn't be too surprised if an option to buy them reappears on the sales page at some point.

44 minutes ago, Lankyboy said:

I got a family/hire cv pass too as they were the only ones available. With no kids !! I checked the t&c's but nothing to say you have to bring kids to get access. Anyone know anything about restrictions on these....

One thing I have noticed is the

Blue (East) Family Campervan Family/Hire Pitch (pitch up to 8m x 7m, for one vehicle up to 8m in length, in the family section of the campervan fields – for families or for vehicles under 8m being delivered by hire companies – £100)

being delivered by hire companies?

Can't believe it. Last year we failed in the main sale and resale although we had 20 people helping and succeeded in the main sale this year. But a friend of mine wanted to go as well so I helped him. Got through straigt away, did not have any problems and got tickets at 09:02... Surreal to finally see the 'booking complete' screen. So happy for him, it was his dream to see Radiohead at Glastonbury once.

Feel really sorry for those who missed out I know how it feels.

6 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

One thing I have noticed is the

Blue (East) Family Campervan Family/Hire Pitch (pitch up to 8m x 7m, for one vehicle up to 8m in length, in the family section of the campervan fields – for families or for vehicles under 8m being delivered by hire companies – £100)

being delivered by hire companies?

Some people rent campervans for the duration of the festival and have them delivered to the site (there are companies in the West Country that do this). I had thought the festival had stepped back from insisting the bigger hired vans go to B&W though.

2 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Didn't get a parking ticket but now one of our party wants to drive - can we buy one down the line?

Coincidentally I accidentally bought one last night! (it was 3am here so I was a bit groggy) Can sell it you when it arrives if you want

1 hour ago, musky said:

Some people rent campervans for the duration of the festival and have them delivered to the site (there are companies in the West Country that do this). I had thought the festival had stepped back from insisting the bigger hired vans go to B&W though.

I understand that, but it only states that under the family campervan field ticket. 

5 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Are you able to refund it? If so then might see if I can call See as less complicated, but if you'd be down 45 quid otherwise then possibly...

Hadn't thought of that in all honesty, just assumed they wouldn't refund it. I'll get my mate to look into it and see they're willing to refund.

48 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

I understand that, but it only states that under the family campervan field ticket. 

Ah, I'm with you. :)

They're putting all the pre-delivered hire vehicles together, as they have done in the past, and they are going in the space that is being used for the family campervans. I've no idea why they've decided that is an appropriate space, but there's obvious benefits for having the delivered hire campervans together. I'd imagine it's for ease of access as it's unlikely a company could pickup all their vans in one sweep.

9 minutes ago, musky said:

Ah, I'm with you. :)

They're putting all the pre-delivered hire vehicles together, as they have done in the past, and they are going in the space that is being used for the family campervans. I've no idea why they've decided that is an appropriate space, but there's obvious benefits for having the delivered hire campervans together. I'd imagine it's for ease of access as it's unlikely a company could pickup all their vans in one sweep.

Yeh makes sense, just hope they don't have any issues with our group not having any kids with us. 

5 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Yeh makes sense, just hope they don't have any issues with our group not having any kids with us. 

As was suggested earlier, just say someone is bringing them down after school on the Friday. I doubt they're actively monitoring the vans throughout the weekend.

1 minute ago, Lucy92 said:

I meant for the delivery bit - I'm assuming you were wanting to drive your own on?

Actually I am travelling from North Wales to Manchester,  to catch a coach.  

Managed to bag the extra two tickets and the campervan ticket for two friends that would only go if they had the luxury of a campervan. 

Means I won't have to catch the coach home though. Also another friend is travelling from London to catch the same coach as me. :D

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Hadn't thought of that in all honesty, just assumed they wouldn't refund it. I'll get my mate to look into it and see they're willing to refund.

I made the same mistake last year. I called see tickets and they refunded me the car park ticket cost immediately :)

Hmm, seems the success rate in this years resale wasn't too great. I got lucky, but it seems unavailability problems started hitting at 9.05am, which makes it really hard to accurately work out a sell out time. Last year I think things went smoothly until 9.20am, when it sold out.

I'm feeling pretty guilty today; A friend was wanting to come with us for his first Glasto so got himself registered. I told him I'd be able to get him a ticket no bother as I have a good success rate. I went out last night and didn't get home til half 4 and slept right through my alarm - no one else managed to get him a ticket.

The worst part is I got through on the coach re-sale on Thursday and had a York coach package ready to buy but then thought, "na, I'll just get him a normal ticket on Sunday so he doesn't have to travel from Edinburgh to York by himself".

Here's hoping for the secret re-sales.