On-site General Stores

JID

You can buy any thing you like old son.. 

Bottle of coke is £3.50 you can buy rizzla, bread, cheese you can buy any thing it's all a matter of cost.. Christ nowadays you can arrive at the site walk in with nothing and your tent sleeping bags everything you need can be waiting for you. So I wouldn't worry too much old son. 

They're not cheap, as mentioned (I am still scarred by being charged £4 for a box of Tampax in 2005...) but TBH for heavy things like bottles of pop they're fine, compared to the effort of lugging 2l bottles of lemonade on site from the car park! They sell pretty much everything, so between them and Cosy Camper there's very little you can't buy on site. 

Shop around for mixers though - you'll soon find food stalls selling pop cheaper than others. The milk truck has cans of cold Coke, 7up etc for £1 if you want on-campsite convenience! 

On 4/22/2017 at 10:29 PM, JID said:

Are the general stores on-site any good? What groceries do they stock? Is it worth not taking things like mixers etc and just buy them there? Or should they only be used as a last resort?

ice cream vans will charge you an arm and  a leg, a bottle of water they tried to charge me around £4 for a bottle of water.... it was parked next to a fucking tap..

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:43 PM, guypjfreak said:

Christ nowadays you can arrive at the site walk in with nothing and your tent sleeping bags everything you need can be waiting for you.

Around 10 years ago my (crew) mate arrived onsite Tuesday with a crew pass, a £10 note and an amazing card trick.  On the Tuesday afterwards I saw him and he still had all three with him.  He'd used the card trick to swap for food, drink, drugs, sex and beds and had clearly had the time of his life.  Despite being clearly munted he did the card trick on me as I poured him a pint and it still remains to be the most impressive magic performance I've ever witnessed.

1 minute ago, ian the worm said:

Around 10 years ago my (crew) mate arrived onsite Tuesday with a crew pass, a £10 note and an amazing card trick.  On the Tuesday afterwards I saw him and he still had all three with him.  He'd used the card trick to swap for food, drink, drugs, sex and beds and had clearly had the time of his life.  Despite being clearly munted he did the card trick on me as I poured him a pint and it still remains to be the most impressive magic performance I've ever witnessed.

Pray tell us of this card trick.. 

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

Pray tell us of this card trick.. 

Well of course, I rushed to the internet and found out how to do it.  I then learned it and became just as good at it and stole the show at other events that I went to for about 2 or 3 years until it became too well known.

In involved a stranger picking a card, looking at it, returning it and then the magician pulls a stunt to reveal what the chosen card was.  The best thing was that there were about 10 similar ways of revealing the card, so just as you thought you knew how it was done, he changed the trick slightly and upped the response until there were a group of onlookers shouting out their theories which he would then dismiss in turn - thus ending up with all the free stuff.  Each pint later, he just started again on the next new person that turned up next to him.  etc etc etc.....

But of course I cannot tell you anymore.  ;)

3 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Well of course, I rushed to the internet and found out how to do it.  I then learned it and became just as good at it and stole the show at other events that I went to for about 2 or 3 years until it became too well known.

In involved a stranger picking a card, looking at it, returning it and then the magician pulls a stunt to reveal what the chosen card was.  The best thing was that there were about 10 similar ways of revealing the card, so just as you thought you knew how it was done, he changed the trick slightly and upped the response until there were a group of onlookers shouting out their theories which he would then dismiss in turn - thus ending up with all the free stuff.  Each pint later, he just started again on the next new person that turned up next to him.  etc etc etc.....

so you going to perform the trick wearing your flashing suit at the efest meet then ?

4 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Of course I understand.. Well if I see someone doing a trick like that at this year's festival I'll shout out a big Oi OLD SON.. That way you'll no not to fleece me lol 

On 22/04/2017 at 11:57 PM, pie_and_a_pint said:

They're not cheap, as mentioned (I am still scarred by being charged £4 for a box of Tampax in 2005...) but TBH for heavy things like bottles of pop they're fine, compared to the effort of lugging 2l bottles of lemonade on site from the car park! They sell pretty much everything, so between them and Cosy Camper there's very little you can't buy on site. 

Shop around for mixers though - you'll soon find food stalls selling pop cheaper than others. The milk truck has cans of cold Coke, 7up etc for £1 if you want on-campsite convenience! 

£3.50 for me for a box of 16. Shocking really. 

12 hours ago, JID said:

Anyone know if they sell ice? Or anywhere that does? 

Yes some places do. I paid £1 for a pint cup full from a bar. Some shops do a bag for £3

On 22/04/2017 at 10:43 PM, guypjfreak said:

You can buy any thing you like old son.. 

Bottle of coke is £3.50 you can buy rizzla, bread, cheese you can buy any thing it's all a matter of cost.. Christ nowadays you can arrive at the site walk in with nothing and your tent sleeping bags everything you need can be waiting for you. So I wouldn't worry too much old son. 

£3.50 for 1.75 ltr. Still better than carrying it in! I take spirits that don't need a mixer. Cherry bakewell, sambucca, red stag or a home made concoction i.e. Vodka with sweeties 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

£3.50 for me for a box of 16. Shocking really. 

Yes some places do. I paid £1 for a pint cup full from a bar. Some shops do a bag for £3

£3.50 for 1.75 ltr. Still better than carrying it in! I take spirits that don't need a mixer. Cherry bakewell, sambucca, red stag or a home made concoction i.e. Vodka with sweeties 

Yumm yum