Autorefresh no longer works?

Ollie9917

Hi all

Last year I used auto refresh on my tabs so it would refresh it every 10 seconds and it worked once I was in I was in.

On thursday I tried doing that again and everytime it would auto refresh if I was already in it would kick me out.

Is this new?

Does auto refresh no longer work?

14 minutes ago, Ollie9917 said:

Hi all

Last year I used auto refresh on my tabs so it would refresh it every 10 seconds and it worked once I was in I was in.

On thursday I tried doing that again and everytime it would auto refresh if I was already in it would kick me out.

Is this new?

Does auto refresh no longer work?

Did you have multiple tabs open within the same browser?

Just now, StoneCircle said:

Did you have multiple tabs open within the same browser?

yes I did

but that didnt seem to affect me last year.

last year once I was in one one tab and the others refreshed they would all be in

Edited by Ollie9917

This was included in the email sent by GFL in 2015 for 2016 tickets, could be the reason why. It is also in the ticket info on the GFL website. http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/ticket-info/

"Please note, attempting to book tickets on multiple browser tabs can lead to transaction errors. This is because most web browsers do not create a separate user session per tab - information is shared between all tabs for any given web site. We strongly advise that you use a single browser tab only when booking tickets." 

But refreshing as normal f5 like a crazy person is Ok?

I only ask because someone was telling me during the general sale that they started doing something to stop you using multiple computers on the same Wi-Fi.

Any truth in that?

They could be using IP rate limiting, which would prevent anyone using the same IP from hitting the servers with too many requests. It's anyone's guess what the threshold for that might be. It'll probably be aimed at anyone using software to hammer the site, but could also catch someone using enough devices/browsers. So yes, it could be true.

Not sure how they'd get round people at a university (for instance) though, who'd most likely all be using the same IP.

3 hours ago, bekimo said:

But refreshing as normal f5 like a crazy person is Ok?

I only ask because someone was telling me during the general sale that they started doing something to stop you using multiple computers on the same Wi-Fi.

Any truth in that?

Had three devices on my home wifi in October and two got through and the other got the holding page, so if it does exist I'd guess it's only for keeping out a much bigger operation than you could set up using your normal appliances for home use.