Pitchfork Music Festival Paris 2017

aidenlangan95

November 2nd - 4th at La Grande Halle de La Villette. 

First announcement: The National, Run the Jewels, Ride, Talaboman, BADBADNOTGOOD, the Blaze, and Polo & Pan

Early bird tickets are €90 (+ fees). Think the next set are €100 (+ fees).

The National are curating a day of the festival as well.

Thoughts?

I think they do sell them nearer the time. DICE sold day tickets last year for £44.50 and weekend tickets for £92. DICE started selling day tickets in July.

In 2015, DICE only sold day tickets for £37. They started selling them in late May.

Edited by aidenlangan95

https://havenkbh.dk/ this is a festival curated by Aaron & Bryce Dessner, Mikkel  Borg Bergsø and Claus Meyer, so I think you can expect some similar act on PFMF :')

Also, I think that Aaron was involved with the line up of Boston Calling. But I'm not sure. So some acts from there can come aswell (http://bostoncalling.com/lineup.html)

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Jungle, Bicep, Isaac Delusion, Sylvan Esso, Cigarettes After Sex, This is The Kit, and Sigrid added to the lineup.

Jungle are headlining in the Friday. I'm going to take it that the national headline on Thursday and RTJ on Saturday.

Yes ! It's written on the National website ! 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Day splits announced.

Day tickets on sale: 40 euros for the first set of tickets.

IMG_1740.JPG

Website seems to have crashed though.

There is one major problem : the dates... Seriously, a festival in November which starts on Thursday...People work on Friday (even if maybe some students have holidays cause it's a scholar holidays period)... I'm gutted I won't be able to see The National, they should have booked them for Saturday night, I'll have to wait til summer 2018, but The War On Drugs will save me on 06h November.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/08/2017 at 11:59 AM, Tuna said:

P4K Paris peaked a few years back, huh. Weak weak weak lineup. Great fun though.

Yeah it's definitely been stronger. But for €90, I certainly am not complaining.

I think a ticket for The National and Run the Jewels in London is around the same price. Everything else is a bonus for me!

• 1 month later...

Went to the festival yesterday... I found that the crowd was awful, we were not numerous to dance... A bit disappointed by The National even with some pints (Hi @Gossard you were right, it was boring). I found that Kevin Morby was really cool, and most of all RIDE killed it !! In a nutshell I had a great time with my festival tribe, but clearly the worst festival we've been to this year.