chatty

4 minutes ago, OneLittleFish said:

My issue is that there's nobody yet for the Sunday closing slot I want to see. An anti-clash, if you will.

2 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Same here. Makes a change and will be nice to have a wander and see something else I wouldn't usually

Go and see Justice guys, you'll have a great time

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, OneLittleFish said:

I'm not a big EDM man at all. Was ideally hoping that Laura Marling was going to headline the Park on the Sunday but it would appear that it's Kano. Hoping for something ace in the acoustic :)

It's not EDM man, it's good! :)

2 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I've missed that one then are they supposed to be on West Holts? Haven't seen them since 2012 but that Coachella set has made them a must see again for me

Fingers crossed. They're always good value live, would be a great way to end the festival

It looks like its shaping up for Katy Perry to be on at the same time that The Avalanches will be on West Holts. My dilemma is 1. When am I ever going to pay the money to see Katy Perry again?! and 2. The Avalanches play so infrequently that its impossible to tell when they will be back in the UK

Radiohead vs A Tribe Called Quest is a big one! Radiohead win every time, but a bit disppointing that such iconic names would clash.  ATCQ would have won out on any other clash!

Generally this year is pretty good for me.  6 acts I absolutely adore to validate the ticket price, a few acts I used to love but never got to see live, and then a load of stuff I'm not too bothered about so I can follow my friends without pain.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

FWIW the review I read of The Avalanches show at Coachella last weekend was far from ecstatic - that's helping me a wee bit.

The London gig last year was a complete shambles apparently, doesn't fill me with hope.

26 minutes ago, fowls said:

The London gig last year was a complete shambles apparently, doesn't fill me with hope.

They did say that a couple of band members weren't able to get Visas for a couple of countries last year which probably limited them on what they could do. I know it resulted in a lot of there shows having to be DJ sets :/ 

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

FWIW the review I read of The Avalanches show at Coachella last weekend was far from ecstatic - that's helping me a wee bit.

Aye I also read a review from Coachella that didn't put them in the best light either.. if you look at shows from earlier this year though Danny Brown was still having to read the lyrics to songs like Frankie Sinatra from his phone while on stage, he doesn't have to anymore and the band are working much better together than they were a few months ago so I would like to think there is hope have a decent set come June 

Never thought it'd feel so good to be talking about all the acts I'm gonna end up missing :lol:

That Avalanches thing is a little relieving. Would've still loved to have catch them even if it wasn't all that but don't feel too bad about giving them a miss now, and I'll be seeing Solange at Primavera so that's another scratched off.

Radiohead vs. ATCQ though. Fuck shit poo.

17 hours ago, OneLittleFish said:

My issue is that there's nobody yet for the Sunday closing slot I want to see. An anti-clash, if you will.

With you on this man! Want to see Biffy Clyro before Ed though so will be fighting traffic to get to whatever I decide.

On 4/22/2017 at 7:11 PM, arcade fireman said:

Anyone clashing with Radiohead doesn't even count as a clash for me, they might as well not be playing the festival as there's no chance I'll see them.

A proper clash in my eyes is when there's some possibility of regret and some thought into who I might see...

Same here. I won't even be seeing anyone who clashes with Radioheads support act because I'll be front ans centre as much as possible to make sure I get a good spot for the main event.

7 hours ago, RichieSpenno said:

The possible Flips/Radiohead clash is a fucker.  And I'm concerned about where Lorde is playing.  Hopefully she'll be lower down on Pyramid to avoid some of those horrible evening clashes. 

^^^^ This is my concern too at the moment 

Foo Fighters & Alt J ?? I notice Alt-J are confirmed for the Other Stage on saturday, but is their any confirmation they are headlining?? 

I notice Katy Perry has no day or stage yet... surely she is going to headline the other stage? She is a massive world famous artist (not that im particularly a fan of pop shit), but I cant see someone of that level not headlining a stage, she sells out stadiums herself.

So until someone has some horrible news for me... I am praying to the flying spaghetti monster that she is headlining the other stage and not Alt-J :)

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Foo Fighters & Alt J ?? I notice Alt-J are confirmed for the Other Stage on saturday, but is their any confirmation they are headlining?? 

I notice Katy Perry has no day or stage yet... surely she is going to headline the other stage? She is a massive world famous artist (not that im particularly a fan of pop shit), but I cant see someone of that level not headlining a stage, she sells out stadiums herself.

So until someone has some horrible news for me... I am praying to the flying spaghetti monster that she is headlining the other stage and not Alt-J :)

Alt-J are definitely gonna headline Other on the Saturday, and Katy Perry is definitely gonna play on the Pyramid (probably third down - day unsure but more than likely Saturday).