chatty

What clashes are you most worried about?

Friday night looks like a bit of a disaster. Could see Radiohead, The Flaming Lips, A Tribe Called Quest and Mark Lanegan all perceivably hit the stage around the same time or without much time to switch, going by some of the predicted stage/times. 

Whats your nightnare scenario? 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, chatty said:

Normally the one where I'm trying to escape a zombie apocalypse but struggling to get everyone on board the escape craft because my dad is insisting on arguing about a parking space.

But clash wise, don't know. There are so many bands I want to see without any absolute musts that nothing's jumping out yet. But I have a gut feel that Sunday evening will be a bastard.

Radiohead and A Tribe Called Quest here. I can't even be mad and say 'thats a silly clash for them to do' cause they're nothing alike, but it'll still infuriate and upset me greatly if that turns out to be a thing. 

There are probably others but that one has gone right to the top so much so that I'd allow a lot of other clashes to make this one not happen.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Normally the one where I'm trying to escape a zombie apocalypse but struggling to get everyone on board the escape craft because my dad is insisting on arguing about a parking space.

But clash wise, don't know. There are so many bands I want to see without any absolute musts that nothing's jumping out yet. But I have a gut feel that Sunday evening will be a bastard.

This

1 hour ago, chatty said:

What clashes are you most worried about?

Friday night looks like a bit of a disaster. Could see Radiohead, The Flaming Lips, A Tribe Called Quest and Mark Lanegan all perceivably hit the stage around the same time or without much time to switch, going by some of the predicted stage/times. 

Currently don't have anywhere to be on Friday, apart from as far from Radiohead as possible. Think for me its going to be lower down acts clashing - can't wait to be put out of misery and let the planning commence.

I thought U2 versus Primal Scream playing 'Screamadelica' was the worst ever.  Love both bands.  There was even one of those Hitler videos about it.  I don't think I have agonized over clashes since.  Not enough on this year's line up that I really like to get worried at this stage...

Edited by Watergirl

An alarming amount of things I'd like to see on The Pyramid this year. Think some of my clash decisions may be swayed by location and getting away from the old girl though, can't be spending half my weekend avoiding blankets and camping chairs. 

Something like Radiohead and the National but looks like they're not going to (I'm basing this purely on Titters post above!) I'd really like to see Flaming Lips because their set in 2010 (?) looked brilliant.  If it's anything like last year EVERYONE I want to see will be on Friday or Sunday with mahoosive gaps on Saturday 

I am bracing myself for an absolutely awful set of clashes.  I counted a frankly ludicrous amount of acts I'm keen on seeing from that first poster, so, other than The National (where I'll be if I have to crawl all the way to wherever they're playing from my tent), I'm currently not assuming I'm 100% definitely seeing anyone until the set times are out.  

I did have Radiohead up there as one of my assumed certainties, but A Tribe Called Quest potentially being up against them has put a hold on that.  I'd have a tricky decision to make if that did come to pass...

I keep trying to tell myself that all these potential clashes are a good thing really as they just emphasise how strong the lineup is, but in reality I don't feel that it's anything other than some form of cruel psychological torture.

Edited by merago
Spelling correction innit?