Successful last night?

Sweet_pea

24 minutes ago, Sweet_pea said:

Apologies if I am duplicating....

How were the coach resales last night? Do we know how quick they sold out?

I was looking for tales of needing a coach from London but getting Glasgow.....

What's the sentiment going into Sundays resale?

I read some where they sold out in 16 minutes

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

I read some where they sold out in 16 minutes

Difficult to give an accurate time as there were still occasional single tickets popping up for random departure towns (Lincoln, Cardiff, Plymouth etc) for some time after the Festival tweeted to say they had sold out.

Ben

11 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

I managed to get 2 from Manchester leaving Thursday am! :D

absolutely made up, will have to travel from N Wales and my mate is having to travel from London to catch the coach though!

Anyone know around what time the coach will leave and from where?

The festival's green initiative in action right there! :lol:

Had four trying for one person, just a minute or two too late I reckon.

But we were only going for Manchester or Leeds Wednesday departure, main effort is for two tickets on Sunday.

A bit of fag packet maths here, but say 10% of ticket balances weren't paid up, that's 1500 coach tickets. 750 for Wednesday. 150 of which at most from our two preferred places. Whereas 10% of general sale returned would be 12,000. A much bigger pool to claim tickets from than the 150!

Like I say, fag packet sums, but encouragement for us all.

Edited by Simpo

9 minutes ago, Jimmyeatspeople said:

The festival's green initiative in action right there! :lol:

Yeh, it does make you think doesn't it....like, obviously loads of people that don't have the coach package choose to travel on coaches anyway (I know I do! Did the train once last year...never again. Getting there is fine, getting back is hell...and mix and matching just isn't worth it), and if the coach package people just got normal tickets they would probably also choose to travel by coach too (and more conveniently located ones at that!). So, I wonder why they don't just make all the tickets normal tickets...given how awfully complicated the coach package ticket buying process is, and the fact that people end up having to travel miles to the coach stop to ensure a festival ticket.

Would that be better? Or do you think it would involve a lot more people driving?

Also, I didn't know this, but my friend was asking if i had a spare car parking permit as they'd sold out. So they can obviously curtail the number of drivers in other ways 

Edited by Sasperella

12 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, it does make you think doesn't it....like, obviously loads of people that don't have the coach package choose to travel on coaches anyway (I know I do! Did the train once last year...never again. Getting there is fine, getting back is hell...and mix and matching just isn't worth it), and if the coach package people just got normal tickets they would probably also choose to travel by coach too (and more conveniently located ones at that!). So, I wonder why they don't just make all the tickets normal tickets...given how awfully complicated the coach package ticket buying process is, and the fact that people end up having to travel miles to the coach stop to ensure a festival ticket.

Would that be better? Or do you think it would involve a lot more people driving?

Also, I didn't know this, but my friend was asking if i had a spare car parking permit as they'd sold out. So they can obviously curtail the number of drivers in other ways 

I'd suggest doing it the other way round, although I do understand that it would bring it's own set of problems.

Have a limited number of non-public transport tickets, the rest would have to travel by coach or train.

16 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Had four trying for one person, just a minute or two too late I reckon.

But we were only going for Manchester or Leeds Wednesday departure, main effort is for two tickets on Sunday.

A bit of fag packet maths here, but say 10% of ticket balances weren't paid up, that's 1500 coach tickets. 750 for Wednesday. 150 of which at most from our two preferred places. Whereas 10% of general sale returned would be 12,000. A much bigger pool to claim tickets from than the 150!

Like I say, fag packet sums, but encouragement for us all.

Good luck for Sunday. I'm helping out a couple of first timers....

Do we ever find out how many actually get put back in the pot after balance window?

1 minute ago, Sweet_pea said:

I'd suggest doing it the other way round, although I do understand that it would bring it's own set of problems.

Have a limited number of non-public transport tickets, the rest would have to travel by coach or train.

But the problem is people travelling a long-way to their ideal location...as seems happen now. Unless they just made the coach booking system more user friendly, which would be delightful for everyone concerned :)

22 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Did the train once last year...never again. Getting there is fine, getting back is hell...and mix and matching just isn't worth it...

I wouldn't really agree tbh, I enjoy the train. That atmosphere on the way there is fantastic, and even on the way back, it's just a loooooooong queue at Castle Cary station to get on a train, but with the extra services they put on it's usually not too bad.

2016 *was* bad because the coaches got stuck in flood water on the way to the station so when they finally got through there were suddenly many many more people than they could cope with.

But other years it's been 1-2hrs queue and then a comfortable train ride home. I'm usually so sleepy on Monday morning that I don't know which way is up, so I'm happy to go with it all and shuffle along, snooze on the train and then straight to bed when home...

Just now, billum said:

I wouldn't really agree tbh, I enjoy the train. That atmosphere on the way there is fantastic, and even on the way back, it's just a loooooooong queue at Castle Cary station to get on a train, but with the extra services they put on it's usually not too bad.

2016 *was* bad because the coaches got stuck in flood water on the way to the station so when they finally got through there were suddenly many many more people than they could cope with.

But other years it's been 1-2hrs queue and then a comfortable train ride home. I'm usually so sleepy on Monday morning that I don't know which way is up, so I'm happy to go with it all and shuffle along, snooze on the train and then straight to bed when home...

Yeh, tbf it's not the actual train I had a problem with...getting there on it was probably the fastest way given the weather! And we got some pretty good Brexit chat on the way home out of the people who got on the train at the next stop after Castle Cary.  It's more that to try and not have to queue forever on the way home we ended up getting up at 5.30am. Granted, I was at home in bed in Sheffield by midday (which really confused my friend when he called me from the Glasto crew site asking where I was) but I would prefer a more leisurely exit in future :)

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

It's more that to try and not have to queue forever on the way home we ended up getting up at 5.30am. Granted, I was at home in bed in Sheffield by midday ...

Oof yes, that does sound a bit brutal after the night(s) before...!

I got nothing :( Felt like I got close as entered my code and was selecting which coach to get, but couldn't tap my fingers fast enough.

Worth noting hat while I had the computer at work up and refreshing, it was my phone that got through.

It does seem ludicrous that people are travelling miles to get the bus, and perhaps they should rethink the system.  I think some form of park and ride system with cars staying at the Showground (sealed surfaces so no mud) could make a difference.