Avalon announce

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Will be my first time. What are the highlights of Avalon to look out For? 

The Avalon bar is one of the very best on site, and the cafés are good too with their own line-up of bands. Some funky little shops around the edge, including a weird little musical instrument shop, and of course the hard-to-find helter skelter! I mainly like it coz the whole field has a really magical and uplifting feel to it.

And that's not even mentioning the incredible line up on the Avalon main stage!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Havors said:

Will be my first time. What are the highlights of Avalon to look out For? 

Aside from the bands you've got the Avalon Cafe that does nice food, the Avalon Inn that does good beer, the helter skelter that does good.....heltering.

It's like a giant village fete. There's normally some good stuff on in the cafe as well, quite small scale. It's just a lovely place to go and chill out.

9 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Can't wait for the Mavericks, and there's no way I'm missing Kiefer Sutherland. Best knows for being Jack Bauer, but for me, he will always be Doc Scurlock from Young Guns.

B0KipLgCYAAe-Tn.jpg

Damn straight. Bauer might be tougher, but Doc would woo you with poetry :lol:

6 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Busted.  YES. The booking of the festival! 

(Actually took my girls to seem McBusted in Cardiff a few years ago. They were brilliant!  Not ashamed to admit it although I did lurk at the back trying , along with a load of other dads, to avoid looking like a paedophile! )

Just had a reminder of them on Spotify, really looking forward to them. This is the first year not had to seek out new music and still think going to be full of clashes. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Aside from the bands you've got the Avalon Cafe that does nice food, the Avalon Inn that does good beer, the helter skelter that does good.....heltering.

It's like a giant village fete. There's normally some good stuff on in the cafe as well, quite small scale. It's just a lovely place to go and chill out.

I think that hits the nail on the head. I don't normally bother with the main Avalon stage, it's a bit Radio 2 for my tastes(regional comedy acts apart), but the area as a whole is a really pleasurable place to hang out.

22 hours ago, StormCrow said:

I've just started a list of lesser known bands (to me anyway) I'd like to see and these are currently well up there.

Darlingside were the surprise hit at Cambridge Folk Festival last year.  They did their scheduled gig, which went down well. Then someone couldn't make it on the main stage and they got that slot.  That was quite a triumphant gig.  They also played in the Guinness tent.  Very enjoyable, and not really that Mumford-y, as someone suggested.  The emphasis is on vocals.  All four guys sing.

On 4/21/2017 at 10:36 AM, Beerqueen said:

I promise the Festival Gods that I will see him if I get a ticket.  No matter when or where he is playing!  Edit - Doh!  This is the Avalon thread so I think that's a clue to the "where"!

I'll be at Will Varley then!  :D

I came across this track when checking out Chris Jagger's music the last time he played.  I didn't get to go to his gig at 'Spirit of '71', but still love this song.  Fantastic singing from Mick.  Chris Jagger lives in or near Glastonbury I believe.

Edited by Watergirl

• 2 weeks later...