Avalon announce

Crazyfool01

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Chris Jagger of Chris Jagger's Rocking Kronies is Mick's younger brother.

Looks like the older brother got the good genes on all counts...

He played on the Spirit of 71 stage in 2011 and apparently all the younger Jaggers were down the front for Uncle Chris, taps aff.

Instrumental in making sure Saturday night 2013 went off with a bang.

9 hours ago, Pinhead said:

A few of the regulars kicked off this year, e.g. 3DM and Show of Hands sort of thing...

3DM will appear somewhere, they've got a new album out soon. Loved them in Toad Hall last year.

Love Avalon at the best of times, but think I'm going to be spending a LOT of time there this year

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

3DM will appear somewhere, they've got a new album out soon. Loved them in Toad Hall last year.

Love Avalon at the best of times, but think I'm going to be spending a LOT of time there this year

Yeah 3DM will be mooching round, not Glastonbury without them, seeing them in Birmingham in a few weeks.

I'll see you there dude, Avalon is where I spend most of my time too, this years line up is adding to it. Dohl Foundation and Hakney Colliery Band gone straight to must sees

I saw a really cool band called 'The Elephant Sessions' last year at 12noon on Sunday morning, I was pretty exhausted and hungover and they got me pumped again for the final day. Shame they ain't playing again this year.

They play a music genre that is called 'Trad' like traditional Celtic Music but mix other sounds and can really speed it up. The tent was loving is. 

Anyone know anyone/bands on this years poster that have a similar sound? Cheers! 

ps. The Saw Doctors would be amazing!

12 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

To those who havent heard of Jesca Hoop I'd highly reccomend a listen to her latest album 'Memories Are Now'

Hoping she's on fairly early as Friday already looks like clash central in the evening!

Edited by TomViolence

20 hours ago, Havors said:

Chuffed at this line up!! Its better than the main poster! 

Skinny Lister, Hackney Colliery Band, Sophie Eliis-Bexter (for a perve...shes hot), The Mavericks! haha! The Eskies

I will end up in Avalon quite a bit I reckon :)

There's not much on it for me, but thankfully the music's not the main reason I go to the Avalon

This is a great announcement for me, though am assuming many clashes with the four ladies I most want to see.. I'm another who thought Sophie E-B was really great on Acoustic recently, but I missed out on the disco hits at the end due to clashes, keen to see her again along with Birdy (big booking for Avalon, no?), Lissie and Lucy Rose.

Also obviously down for Busted if it was a clash-free situation. I can't see me missing many of the main acts to watch them, though.