Avalon announce

Crazyfool01

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the names mean nothing to me I'm afraid - well apart from the obvious ones and Hobo Jones and Skinny Lister who I've still not seen.  And I like Will Varley and think he was on my "to see" list last year but I didn't.  But most of the fun is finding new stuff to enjoy.

Now just got to get a ticket.

Edited by Beerqueen

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'd be intrigued to watch Busted but clearly going to be high up and clash with a big act or the crowd would be silly.

Busted, Birdy, Hobo as per though and Sophie Ellis Bextor.....I'd take 4 acts I'd see from that lineup all day long. The only one I see me catching though clash dependent is Sophie and I hope it's later than it was last time so I can get from Acoustic. Having 15 mins from Avalon to Acoustic for Quo wouldn't be worth the effort by then.

They could easily put them mid afternoon which they've done for most of their WTF acts, Wurzels, Lulu, Wombles, Bruce Forsythe. I think the field had to be closed for each of them.

3 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Most of the names mean nothing to me I'm afraid - well apart from the obvious ones and Hobo Jones and Skinny Lister who I've still not seen.  And I like Will Varley and think he was on my "to see" list last year but I didn't.  But most of the fun is finding new stuff to enjoy.

Now just got to get a ticket.

You should definitely make an effort to see Will this time. His set last year on the friday was one of my highlights last year for sure

Who are the headliners? Recently the poppy acts from yesteryear played near the end I think, your Will Youngs, KT Tunstalls, Corinne Bailey Rae's, etc. This year I guess Busted, Scouting For Girls and maybe Birdy would play towards the end?

Edit : Or Sophie Ellis Bextor?

Edited by Little Andy

11 minutes ago, Bovla said:

You should definitely make an effort to see Will this time. His set last year on the friday was one of my highlights last year for sure

I promise the Festival Gods that I will see him if I get a ticket.  No matter when or where he is playing!  Edit - Doh!  This is the Avalon thread so I think that's a clue to the "where"!

Edited by Beerqueen

3 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Skinny Lister were fabulous on this stage last time and I expect nothing different this time around, big Tip for your clashfinders if you don't already know of them. Plus you might well get some free rum

They have just been announced for Ramsbottom festival - I had never heard of them before. I'll catch them there.

6 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Skinny Lister were fabulous on this stage last time and I expect nothing different this time around, big Tip for your clashfinders if you don't already know of them. Plus you might well get some free rum

+ 1 for Skinny Lister. Make sure you watch em, this was last time.

Edited by Justiceforcedave