Coach pickup and dropoff

Adamon

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've caught Taunton coach for the last 3 years and its varied each year between 8am and 6.20am for me, but I know that there is more than 1 departure time on each day, pretty sure last year that there was one about 3pm because people were on here seeing if they could change to an earlier coach but you are stuck with whatever they give you.

doesnt usually take long to get there, though last year took 8 hours. It was a pretty good laugh on the coach though and however long it takes - we know it sure is worth it!!

2 minutes ago, Skier68 said:

I've caught Taunton coach for the last 3 years and its varied each year between 8am and 6.20am for me, but I know that there is more than 1 departure time on each day, pretty sure last year that there was one about 3pm because people were on here seeing if they could change to an earlier coach but you are stuck with whatever they give you.

doesnt usually take long to get there, though last year took 8 hours. It was a pretty good laugh on the coach though and however long it takes - we know it sure is worth it!!

normal journey time would be approx 50mins 

12 minutes ago, Divein said:

Stoke is the train station, there's a hotel opposite called the north Stafford Hotel if anyone was looking for a room to kip in before the coach.

last year time was 6am on the Wednesday and 10:30am in the Thursday I think. There was 2 coaches in the Wednesday and they were full.

coming back was 8am and 2:30pm

I'm from Stoke and although you are probably correct, there is a large new bus station in Hanley town centre which is about 10 minutes away from Stoke train station - that could also be a pick up possibility. 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

well last year .. we didn't move from one spot for 2 hours until we found a shortcut but that and 2010 were extremes !

Sounds like we were on the same coach. McDonald's and Sainsbury's did well out of me for those 2 hours.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

well last year .. we didn't move from one spot for 2 hours until we found a shortcut but that and 2010 were extremes !

We were incredibly lucky last year and managed to avoid all of the traffic due to hospitality car pass.

2 minutes ago, Skier68 said:

Sounds like we were on the same coach. McDonald's and Sainsbury's did well out of me for those 2 hours.

i was driving but stuck in street traffic not moving lucky for us the locals brought us cups of tea and the church provided the light relief even though the lenor bottle was handy 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

Can you remember what time the taunton coach was?

I've been on the Wednesday 4.15pm from Taunton the last 2 years. In addition to these...

There was a 6.30am one the year before last

last year, a 6.30am + a 9.30am one - which still hasn't left at 4.15pm when we left! Due to traffic & mud & the general clusterfuck that was 2016

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

5 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

I've been on the Wednesday 4.15pm from Taunton the last 2 years. In addition to these...

There was a 6.30am one the year before last

last year, a 6.30am + a 9.30am one - which still hasn't left at 4.15pm when we left! Due to traffic & mud & the general clusterfuck that was 2016

Thanks for the info! 

Plymouth pickup when ive got it before was the car park next to home park (plymouth argyles stadium) I remember that as I naturally assumed itd be the coach station (which was bretonside at the time) and I almost sent my taxi the wrong way lol

Also I cant remember exactly when the pickup was but it must have been dead early as I think we were on site 5.30-6am ish? awesome for being near the front of the line.....not so awesome thatd id worn shorts and it was bloody freezing that time in the morn!

Edited by thatcrazypenguin

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Need to know what they'll do in Birmingham as the usual site is part of a multi-year, huge construction site.

Not sure where they picked up from last year as I went on National Express.

Any Brum-departers know?

Ben

Last year they used the bus stops on the bridge from New Street to Town Hall, can't remember the name of it, but if you know the area that should do it

On 21/04/2017 at 2:46 PM, sheffieldlady said:

For Sheffield it has always been Pond Hill, Sheffield S1 2BG, which is outside the Penny Black / across the road from the main bus station. I can't see that changing for this year.

Drop off varies - usually around the bus station / train station which is handy for taxis home. 

@craigyb31 Here's the correct answer, looking from the railway station towards the bus station head right. It's behind Ponds Forge swimming baths. :)

Edited by StoneCircle

4 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

@craigyb31 Here's the correct answer, looking from the railway station towards the bus station head right. It's behind Ponds Forge swimming baths. :)

Cheers for this, i didnt know you was StoneCircle on here

On 21/04/2017 at 2:46 PM, sheffieldlady said:

For Sheffield it has always been Pond Hill, Sheffield S1 2BG, which is outside the Penny Black / across the road from the main bus station. I can't see that changing for this year.

Drop off varies - usually around the bus station / train station which is handy for taxis home. 

I dont suppose you know the depart times from last year do you? We are coming down from Leeds and trying to think ahead on the best way to get there.