Ticket Briefing

Smashers

Hi, I wrote this little briefing email for the general resale (with the help of some efest peeps).

It could be useful if you're getting newbies to get tickets for you in either the coach or general resale. Feel free to copy and paste if it's useful. (If anyone spots any glaring errors in this, please let me know!) If you're using this for the coach sale, ensure you change the date and time at the top. 

Good luck everyone, whether you're trying tonight or Sunday. 

--

The sale starts at 9am on Sunday morning (23rd April) I suggest going online a few minutes before, getting the website ready etc. Please use 2-3 different browsers if possible to ensure we’re hitting the site from all angles.  Please also copy the post code & registration numbers above into a wordpad so you can rapidly copy & paste them into the booking fields. (Sorry I know this is a pain but will help with the speed!)

Before 9am, the website will say something about registration being closed and general admission tickets going on sale at 9am. This is the link to website:  http://glastonbury.seetickets.com

Once we hit 8:59am, start refreshing by pressing F5. Let the page load each time before pressing F5 again but if it hangs for 30 seconds then press F5 to reload.

You'll be held at the holding page which will say something about a 20 second countdown until the page is automatically refreshed. Do not wait 20 seconds! Manually refresh yourself by pressing F5. Keep on refreshing, probably about once a second.

What is happening is that you are being held in the holding bay as only a small number of people can buy tickets at any one time. As soon as someone completes their purchase, a slot opens, so if you F5 at that exact moment, you get given that slot and can buy tickets.

So, if you make it past the holding page, the next screen will ask you to input all the personal details. It will ask for the lead booker first and here you need to my details. You only need my registration number and postcode.  

Once you've entered my details as lead booker, you need to add the rest of us, 3 more people in total. Again for each person you only need to add registration number and postcode.

When you hit proceed to go to the next page, you will be asked for card details.  

Once you enter the card details, if the page freezes, do not hit refresh, just hit back! This catches people out every year.

Finally you click buy tickets and you should see the confirmation screen. Take a photo of this screen in case of any issues in the future!

Edited by Smashers

16 minutes ago, Smashers said:

Hi, I wrote this little briefing email for the general resale (with the help of some efest peeps).

It could be useful if you're getting newbies to get tickets for you in either the coach or general resale. Feel free to copy and paste if it's useful. (If anyone spots any glaring errors in this, please let me know!) If you're using this for the coach sale, ensure you change the date and time at the top. 

--

The sale starts at 9am on Sunday morning (23rd April) I suggest going online a few minutes before, getting the website ready etc. Please use 2-3 different browsers if possible to ensure we’re hitting the site from all angles.  Please also copy the post code & registration numbers above into a wordpad so you can rapidly copy & paste them into the booking fields. (Sorry I know this is a pain but will help with the speed!)

Before 9am, the website will say something about registration being closed and general admission tickets going on sale at 9am. This is the link to website:  http://glastonbury.seetickets.com

Once we hit 8:59am, start refreshing by pressing F5. Let the page load each time before pressing F5 again but if it hangs for 30 seconds then press F5 to reload.

You'll be held at the holding page which will say something about a 20 second countdown until the page is automatically refreshed. Do not wait 20 seconds! Manually refresh yourself by pressing F5. Keep on refreshing, probably about once a second.

What is happening is that you are being held in the holding bay as only a small number of people can buy tickets at any one time. As soon as someone completes their purchase, a slot opens, so if you F5 at that exact moment, you get given that slot and can buy tickets.

So, if you make it past the holding page, the next screen will ask you to input all the personal details. It will ask for the lead booker first and here you need to my details. You only need my registration number and postcode.  

Once you've entered my details as lead booker, you need to add the rest of us, 3 more people in total. Again for each person you only need to add registration number and postcode.

When you hit proceed to go to the next page, you will be asked for card details.  

Once you enter the card details, if the page freezes, do not hit refresh, just hit back! This catches people out every year.

Finally you click buy tickets and you should see the confirmation screen. Take a photo of this screen in case of any issues in the future!

Yeah I think that's a pretty good set of instructions to be honest.  If I was to be picky I'd perhaps suggest focussing on a single browser, or making it clear that that the other browsers should be left to refresh against the timer on their own....It's far too complicated to attempt to F5 more than one browser every second.

Also there may be some merit in starting to F5 earlier than 0859....a. because the Seetickets clock (or yours) might be out and the sale may start at 0858 and b. because there is some thought that the Seetickets tech setup uses a 'reputation filter' that can be set to give priority to familiar or recognised IP addresses.

Although wifi is now pretty stable I'd also suggest hardwiring your laptop/PC to the router to be sure of a stable connection.

15 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Right - thanks, sister is fully briefed and will be trying on three devices.  She has a pretty good record of getting through quickly to buy Chelsea tickets so I hope her Mac is magic or something and does the job if I can't.

Is the flower show cut-throat for tickets too?

Thanks, just shared with some pals who'll hopefully be logging on later to try and help me - I only want one coach ticket for me

If I'd have thought about it earlier I could have set up a super group on here to help me get a ticket - everyone seems to be more lucky than me !!!

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

Add an auto-fresh extension to your browsers. You can set it to auto refresh to any number of seconds you want. You don't have to F5 yourself.

I think I'd miss the tap every 1-2 seconds though.....

18 minutes ago, briddj said:

Add an auto-fresh extension to your browsers. You can set it to auto refresh to any number of seconds you want. You don't have to F5 yourself.

Will the extension stop auto refreshing when the web address changes (ie. you get past the holding page). I would hate to get through and it just refresh you out of it anyway.

51 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Will the extension stop auto refreshing when the web address changes (ie. you get past the holding page). I would hate to get through and it just refresh you out of it anyway.

There's a quick option to stop the refresh, but once you are in you should be in for 10 minutes regardles of a refresh.

Edited by briddj

4 hours ago, Smashers said:

--

Failing all that just keep shouting "SURRENDER TO ME!" at the holding screen, with increasing levels of desperation and hope the computer takes pity on you