My new shower invention

payneruk

Now this may sound weird but bare with me.

I usually go down the wet wipe, antiperspirant, sanitiser route. And once tried one of those thermal showers.

Yesterday I had an epiphany at the office.  

Basically I've got a very large 'industrial' bin bag from work. Added a litre of water and some shower gel to the bottom. Climbed inside and sat at the bottom cross legged. Loosely tied the bag over my shoulders. And using a sponge. Gave myself a sponge bath. I did this in the bath at home and used warm water from the shower. And it worked great! I'm thinking at the festival. Go and get a cup of tea minus the tea & milk. and adding it to the cold water to make it nice and warm.

Why it's great:

1. You get nice and clean with warm water without queuing!

2. The bag and sponge weigh next to nothing to carry onsite!

3. You can use the bag at the end of the festival as a bin bag!

4. As its self contained. You can wash inside your tent so you don't look like a "douche" (Just remember to check for holes before hand).

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I suspect you'll have to get a few cups of tea to make it noticeably warmer.  Maybe if you leave the bin bag in the sun all day and have a late afternoon wash, it'd be warmer?

I'll give it a test at home.

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

How much water do you reckon you'd need? Just a litre? I think it sounds ace :)

Sadly out of upvotes to show my appreciation for "douche bag"

I used about 1 litre. Probably less. Seemed to do the trick though!

I have a fold up 'washing up bowl' that I leave in the tent with water in so it warms up in the day.
I put that on a towel to catch any splashes and use a flannel to wash from that bowl inside my closed tent.

Then after I am more clothed I use the water to wash my hair in outside the tent.

It works well for me but the black sack idea sound promising.

17 minutes ago, payneruk said:

Down the toilet. Are there any suitable biodegradable shower gels? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lifeventure-All-Purpose-soap-200ml/dp/B00DN9AHJ4

This one maybe? Did a quick search...but it is in a plastic bottle and from amazon, so swings and roundabouts. I think Decathlon sell something similar.

5 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Isn't that what @Yoghurt on a Stick is doing in one of his photos, or was that just a dubious gimp suit?

That was a very dubious gimp suit.

I haven't actually got one of them suits, but would like one. Not because I'm in to that kind of stuff because I'm just not. However, I'd love to walk down my local high street wearing it to see what the varying reactions would be.

Image result for gimp mask

54 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That was a very dubious gimp suit.

I haven't actually got one of them suits, but would like one. Not because I'm in to that kind of stuff because I'm just not. However, I'd love to walk down my local high street wearing it to see what the varying reactions would be.

Image result for gimp mask

We made a friend wear a gimp mask and a wedding dress for his stag do. He flat out refused to wear it at 1st but eventually we managed to persuade him to in the hotel room for a photo.

Anyway, he wouldn't take it off by the end of the night.