Steps petition to play with Barry Gibb

lingle

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, OneLittleFish said:

Can I start a petition to perform with Radiohead then? Just like Steps I'm totally devoid of any musical talent and I'd quite like to play Glasto too.

Question is can you dance as well as Lee Latchford Evans? 

4 hours ago, BluePaul said:

I saw Half Man Half Biscuit perform Tragedy a few years ago and very entertaining it was too. Now BG and HMHB together on the Pyramid - THAT would be worth getting down the front for.

Saw them in November, they did Tragedy as an encore. I'd love to see them play the festival. I'd probably sit through Steps for them I love them that much. 

4 hours ago, BluePaul said:

I saw Half Man Half Biscuit perform Tragedy a few years ago and very entertaining it was too. Now BG and HMHB together on the Pyramid - THAT would be worth getting down the front for.

Oh Barry and the Biscuit lads doing a version of Joy Division oven gloves..Steps on backing vocals..Doing dance with actual oven gloves ...ok.... Yes , ive had to much wine ...  

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-4-20 at 11:15 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Acts that get better with age are in such an extreme minority that they might as well not exist.  You're just gonna have to factor in whatever affection you have for the songs against the possibility that the performer will be showing some signs of wear and tear.

Besides, people have on days and off days.  Case in point is Macca.  You can find any number of video clips with ropey vox and people will tell you that his voice has gone for good, but I saw him a couple of years back and he sang very well, delivering one of the best gigs I've ever seen.  A few years previous to that he wasn't anywhere near so hot.

I remember people saying Ozzys voice has gone but I saw him live this year and it was as good as ever. 

Im not really a fan so ill prob not watch this anyway but if people are going of a ingle song from a year previous it might well fair better with more prep and whose to say they wont be working with a backing band in toe. Plus a good sound tech can do wonders. 

On 4/21/2017 at 7:57 AM, arcade fireman said:

The whole actual Ian Watkins case was one of the most harrowing and disturbing things I'd ever read, but the fact it ended up with people thinking it was H from Steps did induce a bit of a guilty laugh. 

The context made it absolutely impossible for it to be funny. It was probably particularly unpleasant for "H" (his name doesn't even begin with an H, what's the story there?) as well.

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

The context made it absolutely impossible for it to be funny. It was probably particularly unpleasant for "H" (his name doesn't even begin with an H, what's the story there?) as well.

"H" got death threats for quite a while after and it proper made his life a hassle, I recall reading. And I would say that those who sent them would have been egged on by peeps not confused and deliberately labelling "H" from Steps a paedo, considering he doesn't actually go by his given name. Pretty far from funny, all things considered.

Edited by dentalplan

On 4/20/2017 at 3:55 PM, OneLittleFish said:

Can I petition for Steps to fuck back to the nineties/early noughties instead?

Why stop there? Why not just grab them all and put them, screaming, in to a cryogenic vault, knowing that some unfortunately inquisitive and hapless person in hundreds of years to come, will stumble across the vault, and open it. Wow, are they in for a shock, when that lot thaw out and start playing. I mean, how do  you deal with that sudden and catastrophic, change in your life? 

Edited - because I hadn't finished, but then lost my trail of thought and.................. 

I don't know what 'and' .

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick