Ollie9917

Lana Del Rey - still a possibility?

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I think you'll find it's Clean Fucking Bandit.

Is she related to Johnny Fucking Marr?

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Is she related to Johnny Fucking Marr?

Sorry, I was mistaken. It's Fucking Clean Bandit.

4 hours ago, sunnydaysblue said:

She just didn't suit the Pyramid at all. She sings too quietly.  

That's why I never went to watch her but own gig was spellbinding 

Playing a gig at Brixton Academy on Monday. Pre-sale tickets (from pre-ordering the album) now and general sale / O2 Priority at 12:00

50 quid as well. Apparently its an intimate gig, which is interesting- she must be looking at arenas for a full tour 

On 19/07/2017 at 1:01 PM, MattDavies__ said:

she must be looking at arenas for a full tour 

"full tour" :lol::(

This album's good stuff once again. Admittedly, for me, it's missing the widescreen beauty of Honeymoon and the songs where there's an eye on a hip hop/trap production don't work for the most part but yeah it's still achingly lush throughout.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

"full tour" :lol::(

This album's good stuff once again. Admittedly, for me, it's missing the widescreen beauty of Honeymoon and the songs where there's an eye on a hip hop/trap production don't work for the most part but yeah it's still achingly lush throughout.

Pretty much my response on first listen too. Neither are as good as Ultraviolence for me but still good stuff

Really enjoyed Lana del rey in 2014 would love to see her on the line up in 2019 again. Havent heard new album yet so will have to give that a listen. Also have a very large school boy crush on her not going to lie! 

Haven't listened to any LDR since Paradise, but that and Born To Die were both incredible. Probably going to listen to this new one, seems like people think it's good.

54 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Haven't listened to any LDR since Paradise, but that and Born To Die were both incredible. Probably going to listen to this new one, seems like people think it's good.

Well, I'd think the people still listening think the ones between are good too. Get your lugs round those.

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well, I'd think the people still listening think the ones between are good too. Get your lugs round those.

I heard Honeymoon was good but Ultraviolence wasn't, is that fair to say? I haven't got infinite time to be getting my lugs around things, still got that recent Colin Stetson album waiting to be listened to, amongst lots of other things.

48 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I heard Honeymoon was good but Ultraviolence wasn't, is that fair to say? I haven't got infinite time to be getting my lugs around things, still got that recent Colin Stetson album waiting to be listened to, amongst lots of other things.

Hmm, it's about right. Honeymoon's my favourite and Ultraviolence my least so, but it's still got its moments aplenty.

5 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I really like Ultraviolence, but then it was the first album I heard properly. Honeymoon is very good in parts too, particularly the second half

New album is really really good. Only a few listens in so maybe too early to rank it alongside her other albums... but I'm gonna anyway, and I think it's her best one. After her shaky and unsure beginnings I'm glad she's managed to power on and become a well respected artist (although I loved Born to Die myself).

Went to the Brixton gig tonight, first time I've seen her. 

Aside from the ludicrous queues around the block it was a very enjoyable show - good mix of songs from all albums. Phones aside, the crowd was great too. 

Only downside was only 14 songs - for £50, after five albums, I was expecting more! 

18 hours ago, donkeykong said:

Went to the Brixton gig tonight, first time I've seen her. 

Aside from the ludicrous queues around the block it was a very enjoyable show - good mix of songs from all albums. Phones aside, the crowd was great too. 

Only downside was only 14 songs - for £50, after five albums, I was expecting more! 

That is pretty short but looks worth it just for that run of Blue Jeans > Born to Die > Summertime Sadness > Video Games! I missed out on tickets last week unfortunately. 

What does everyone think of the new album? Too much ASAP Rocky for my liking but I'm loving Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems with Stevie Nicks. Definitely a bit of Radiohead theft going on in 'Get Free' (Creep)

Cherry is a fucking mad good tune

I reckon she would smash an other headline slot

Edited by Matt42

15 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Ooh Liverpool! If tickets aren't mad expensive I may be well up for this. Very rare that we get anybody decent playing our area. 

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ooh Liverpool! If tickets aren't mad expensive I may be well up for this. Very rare that we get anybody decent playing our area. 

Yeah I'm hoping it's not too expensive as I know I'll be dragged along to this. I know her Brixton gig sold out instantly but I can't see that being the case for arena's.

That's a cool locational choice. Wish I could afford that shit but hopefully they sell well and it shows there's money in a full leg over here.

£50. Bugger. Would love to see her at the Liverpool date. So many good shows about lately, the wallet can't make it's mind up. 

Edited by jyoung

Bollocks. I have to move back to Belfast from Liverpool next week. Sods law she plays the Echo two weeks after.