Lana Del Rey - still a possibility?

Ollie9917

54 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Haven't listened to any LDR since Paradise, but that and Born To Die were both incredible. Probably going to listen to this new one, seems like people think it's good.

Well, I'd think the people still listening think the ones between are good too. Get your lugs round those.

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well, I'd think the people still listening think the ones between are good too. Get your lugs round those.

I heard Honeymoon was good but Ultraviolence wasn't, is that fair to say? I haven't got infinite time to be getting my lugs around things, still got that recent Colin Stetson album waiting to be listened to, amongst lots of other things.

48 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I heard Honeymoon was good but Ultraviolence wasn't, is that fair to say? I haven't got infinite time to be getting my lugs around things, still got that recent Colin Stetson album waiting to be listened to, amongst lots of other things.

Hmm, it's about right. Honeymoon's my favourite and Ultraviolence my least so, but it's still got its moments aplenty.

New album is really really good. Only a few listens in so maybe too early to rank it alongside her other albums... but I'm gonna anyway, and I think it's her best one. After her shaky and unsure beginnings I'm glad she's managed to power on and become a well respected artist (although I loved Born to Die myself).

18 hours ago, donkeykong said:

Went to the Brixton gig tonight, first time I've seen her. 

Aside from the ludicrous queues around the block it was a very enjoyable show - good mix of songs from all albums. Phones aside, the crowd was great too. 

Only downside was only 14 songs - for £50, after five albums, I was expecting more! 

That is pretty short but looks worth it just for that run of Blue Jeans > Born to Die > Summertime Sadness > Video Games! I missed out on tickets last week unfortunately. 

What does everyone think of the new album? Too much ASAP Rocky for my liking but I'm loving Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems with Stevie Nicks. Definitely a bit of Radiohead theft going on in 'Get Free' (Creep)

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ooh Liverpool! If tickets aren't mad expensive I may be well up for this. Very rare that we get anybody decent playing our area. 

Yeah I'm hoping it's not too expensive as I know I'll be dragged along to this. I know her Brixton gig sold out instantly but I can't see that being the case for arena's.

Ah yes, remember her claiming to be a Liverpool fan a few years ago.  The Echo Arena date suggests she has stuck with them, despite the lack of silverware and Stevie G's unfortunate slip. Good on her.

Anyway, managed to get 2 tickets this morning. Glad, as the new album is excellent.  I don't think she'll ever release anything quite as good as Born to Die/Paradise again, but think this will settle in 2nd place. Get Free is an instant favourite, and her vocal on 13 Beaches is sublime.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...